Small NSV....

Options
My eleven year old daughter, who is on a soccer team and in good cardiovascular shape asked me to go on a run with her last night. This is something we have never done together. We ran, we talked, bonded and had a great time. We ran for about 30 minutes and we both said we could have gone alot farther but it was getting dark. So, getting physically fit and shedding fat is already starting to enhance my life. I'm just getting started. To our combined success!
Chuck

Replies

• toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    awe :) that's really awesome. combining family time with working out sounds like a really great idea :)
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! You and your daughter should enjoy many years of healthy fun activities together now.

My daughter (she is 10, but almost 11) and I do yoga together. She is stronger than me, more flexible than me, has better balance than me... but hey, we do it together :)
  • adamsonam
    Options
    What a great way to get your workouts in now!! No better workout buddy than your own kid, great way to keep your mind off the work part too.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    I think that is a great NSV!
  • mom2enlp
    mom2enlp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a "small" NSV! What a great way to spend time with your daughter!
  • flipsit
    flipsit Posts: 111
    Options
    That's a fabulous NSV. Congratulations.
  • christina000
    Options
    That's great. It makes it all the worth while for your children doesn;t it?
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Man that is too cool, increased fitness leading to enhanced family time. Good work!!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    excellent NSV my friend! I wouldn't label it as "small" at all. When I was a pre-teener about your daughters age I used to run with my dad too. Great memories, great bonding, never forget some of those runs. ...in fact wish I could do it now! Embrace these moments, your healthier choices and determination to improve fitness are already paying off!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    and that is what it's all about! a HUGE nsv for you, and time she'll never forget:) Congrats!
  • Luckiestmomever
    Luckiestmomever Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's the best post, thanks for sharing! I would LOVE to be able to run with my daughter. I will get there, but your post made me smile tonight! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!