Accepting light days

I woke up At 5 am like usual and was at they gym 20 minutes later. I’ve been going really heavy with my lifts for the past two weeks with good success. Today it just wasn’t there. I realize that not every day is going to feel like you’ve knocked it out of the park, but I was damn disappointed in myself.

Must learn forgiveness and grace.

Peace!

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    You need rest days so that your muscles have a chance to heal and get stronger. That's when progress is actually made. Working hard every day is likely to get you injured.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    It does happen sometimes. Usually the body's way of telling you, it is meant to be a rest day. Those days I tend to spend more time on cardio and make sure I eat well and hydrate so that I am better next time.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited April 2021
    As long as you have a plan and put in the appropriate work for you in that particular session, what happens in a single seemingly less-than-stellar session is insignificant compared to the accumulating sum of all your training sessions.

Also, something like HRV can be used to monitor your recovery to make sure everything is indeed going to plan.

https://medium.com/@altini_marco/the-ultimate-guide-to-heart-rate-variability-hrv-part-1-70a0a392fff4