Does sugar free koolaid count for water?

Options
I am trying to figure out what actually counts as part of the 8 glasses of water a day. Does sugar free koolaid count? What about unsweetened tea?

Replies

• nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Of course love. Actually, a lot of the foods you eat have water in them that counts. Even a diet coke counts. But I'd recommend drinking as much as you are willing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would shoot for 8 plain glasses of water, and if you drink anything else that's made with water, I guess it's a water bonus, but that stuff is made with chemicals!!! Try sweetening water with fresh fruit! Put a pitcher of water in the refrigerator with sliced strawberries and lemons or other berries, watermelon, or things like cucumber and mint! Delish!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't count anything but plain water.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Agree with nicehormones. :)
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water.

In my opinion, Koolaid is koolaid, tea is tea.

Plain water is water.

I keep a half gallon pitcher in the fridge so it stays nice and cold and I have it on hand instantly.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    Anything water based like tea and Kool-aid def count.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Water means water. If it meant kool-aid, it would have said kool-aid.
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my doctor told me to count all the liquids i drink aiming for 100 oz a day but make sure at least 1/2 of that comes from good plain old water
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would shoot for 8 plain glasses of water, and if you drink anything else that's made with water, I guess it's a water bonus, but that stuff is made with chemicals!!! Try sweetening water with fresh fruit! Put a pitcher of water in the refrigerator with sliced strawberries and lemons or other berries, watermelon, or things like cucumber and mint! Delish!

couldn't agree with you more MB... sugarfree means chemicals - if for some reason you don't like plain water add lemon juice or like MB's suggestion, even sugar is better than sugar free
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    It's water according to my nutritionist. No Carbonation, No Cafeine and No Sugar = water.

Best of Luck!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    But I LIKE to drink the kool-aid!!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    water means water. period.

not kool aid, not tea, CERTAINLY NOT COFFEE or SODA (these have caffeine in them which actually causes dehydration)

water.
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Becca you are correct - most doctors these days are refining their thoughts on intake of liquid to not just water. The idea is to flush the body, so fluids are fluids - keeping in mind that a coke is not very healthy because of the sugar content and a diet coke is just as bad due to chemicals. Make your choice.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    But I LIKE to drink the kool-aid!!!

I created a kool-aid category just so I could track its delicousness.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I count the Gatorade propel zero I drink sometimes as water as my trainer told me to. It has 0% everything and is flavored. It is virtually water he stated. Gatorade reg and everything else I was told to count separately. I was also told no carbonation.
  • JimYeager
    Options
    I do not like the plain taste of water so I add Crystal Light Pure Fitness. It gives the water a better taste but only adds a few calories. I also drink a lot of Coffee but do not count this in my daily water intake. Hope this answered your question.
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    according to my nutritionist it absolutley counts as water. She is quick to make sure its not the only water source but she knows that all water all day is very boring so she suggests adding fruit and berries, or making light tea or juice.

I try to alternate my 20 oz cup through the day Plain water, water with a hint of something, plain water etc. She says to count the oz of my coffee in the morning too!

She is very concerned about people intaking too much water (and despite what people here say there is too much and its lower than you think) and throwing off sodium, potassium and electrolyte levels.

just my two cents!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I created a kool-aid category just so I could track its delicousness.
    ME TOO!!! I gave it a very original name. Alcohol.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options

^^^^^What she said.^^^^^
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Becca you are correct - most doctors these days are refining their thoughts on intake of liquid to not just water. The idea is to flush the body, so fluids are fluids - keeping in mind that a coke is not very healthy because of the sugar content and a diet coke is just as bad due to chemicals. Make your choice.

I think they are changing this to suit the desires of the clients. The first time I tried all of this, I tried to tell myself everything else counted too.

Not this time, something clicked and now to me, water is water period. Clean and pure, Nature at it's best with nothign else to filter out.