Clothing

Options
Right now I'm wearing 1x-2x. and i don't have many clothes. this is what I have

Jeans: 2pair
Dresses: 2 (1 shorter summery, one long summery)
nice pants: 1
tops: 5

I NEED more clothes, but I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff and then have to replace them again in 1-2 months. Do I just deal with what I have? or should I buy more?

We dont have a lot of spending money that I could just blow on clothes either.

WWYD?

Replies

• PreciousMissy
    Options
    Hit the thrift stores.
  • vibral
    Options
    thrift stores, your local area's freecycle, even yard sales.
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ebay!!!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Ebay! Especially the bundles xx
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ditto on the thrift stores, and save your money for when you lose a little more.
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't know what area you live in and if you have those around, but Marshall, Ross and TJMaxx tend to have nice things for lower prices. Check them out if you have access to them :)
  • Xtina_86
    Options
    Thrift store for sure! You can find alot of great deal there! Some stuff still have the tags on them! And lot of them have even more added discounts on certain days of the week. My husband and I went shopping at ours the other day for new work clothes because he got a new job... Spent $102... He got 2 pair of shoes, 11 shirts and 5 pair of pants.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Check for consignment sales in your area as well. You can take your clothes that are too big now and sell them and also shop for "new" clothes that will fit and are super cheap.

There is one in my area that lasts 2 weeks each spring and fall. The first week everything is full price. The 2nd week everything is 50% off and the very last day of the sale everything is 75% off. I rack up on new and gently used clothing that is the size I'm currently wearing without having to spend a lot of money.
  • lizzieann2010
    Options
    Thanks! I'll see if I can find a thrift shop nearby. We just moved so I'm still getting used to the area.

I know we have Goodwill, Marshall's and Ross.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Target Walmart might have some nice options, too. They aren't that expensive but some are pretty nice.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with dressing your body now. That's not to say go crazy and spend a ton of money, but hit up their clearance sections and buy yourself a pair of pants. I've never had any luck at thrift stores myself so suggesting them seems not too terribly helpful, and I don't have a ton of time to look through stuff.

I'd buy a pair of pants, and a few plain shirts or leggings and some long tanks or tunics. When I'm in between sizes, I wear long tank tops or tunics or shirts and leggings with a long cardigan. If it gets too big, you can belt it.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with dressing your body now. That's not to say go crazy and spend a ton of money, but hit up their clearance sections and buy yourself a pair of pants. I've never had any luck at thrift stores myself so suggesting them seems not too terribly helpful, and I don't have a ton of time to look through stuff.

I'd buy a pair of pants, and a few plain shirts or leggings and some long tanks or tunics. When I'm in between sizes, I wear long tank tops or tunics or shirts and leggings with a long cardigan. If it gets too big, you can belt it.
    I like you take on this subject. :)
    All women are beautiful and should be able to dress up at any age and in any shape. :)