Month to month, what food/beverage products do you tend to spend the most on?

Options

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Produce, gum, truvia and stevia, jordans skinny salted caramel syrup, pili nuts

me too...I spend far too much on stevia and Jordan's skinny syrups🙄
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Meat and seafood as I'm picky about the source and buy local, grass fed, organic, wild caught, etc.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Salmon and Sea Bass.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Fish, chicken, fruit, eggs, and bread.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Hands down- Greek yogurt and produce.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Meat-super picky and want to support local folks
    Coffee-I'm way past drinking crappy coffee
    Wine-(See coffee)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wineeeee
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Meat, mostly chicken ,bacon and steak when it's on sale, dairy( i love goat cheese), sparkling water
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Alani Nu energy drinks! 🤤
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Definitely alcohol. Next probably chicken and any other meats I end up cooking with, but mostly chicken.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Protein and vegetables
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Every summer...I spend a fortune going to the local farmer markets....the produce just looks so so good and end up buying and buying and buying...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Bags and bags and bags and bags of salad greens. Probably about ten a week.

It’s so easy to rip one open and dump something on top and voila! Lunch! Today was leftover heated chicken fajitas on a whole bag of shredded lettuce and it was divine.

Or, half a bag and a few sliced cherry tomatoes for a nutritious , easy, filling, super low-cal side.

My luxury grocery, without question.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Bags and bags and bags and bags of salad greens. Probably about ten a week.

It’s so easy to rip one open and dump something on top and voila! Lunch! Today was leftover heated chicken fajitas on a whole bag of shredded lettuce and it was divine.

Or, half a bag and a few sliced cherry tomatoes for a nutritious , easy, filling, super low-cal side.

My luxury grocery, without question.

Same here 100%!!! I get anywhere from 2 to 5 big 16 oz. containers of mixed greens a week from Sam's club PLUS several small bags for lunch from Trader Joes. I also may have a salad bar or garden salad from somewhere, I love my greens!
    Also tofu and almond milk.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    electrolytes lol and greek yogurt!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk, coffee, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, berries and spinach.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    Bit of a guess since I don't do very detailed bookkeeping, but based on my latest shopping trip^ I'm pretty sure it's fruit and vegetables, meat/fish and dairy.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,895 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    On a portion to portion evaluation seafood is my most expensive purchase. 3 lobsters recently for lobster rolls cost 85.00 and got 6 rolls. I'm obsessed with coffee so on a per cup basis that is expensive and spend around 100.00 a month. I consume mostly game meats like duck, rabbit, bison and they can be expensive on a portion to portion basis. We consume organic dairy which includes butter, I love butter and mostly goat for milk and lots of cheese and preserved meats for charcuterie. Produce monthly is in the 200.00 to 300.00 per month with local farm stands getting most of that. Corn and tomatoes recently. My average monthly food tally is around 1000.00 for 2 of us.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    everything :D

so aside from meats for dinner (primarily chicken but also whatever else i decide i feel like cooking that week...)

id say that hubby and my teenage son come in at a tie for most expensive to feed.

teenage son and his convenience food items (hot pockets, frozen pizzas, etc)- especially in the summer, and errr covid times, when hes home basically 24/7 (these days anyway)

and hubby, who needs to gain weight, and loads up his lunch with different convenience items like protein bars, and bars of other varieties (oatmeal, etc). that stuff adds up quick, especially with how many he takes.

the fruit and veg i buy dont come anywhere near what i spend on those two, even when factored in for the whole family

the amount we spend on groceries every week is ridiculous. i refuse to add it up LOL
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Protien bars the last 2 months. Produce over-all.

Salads for take out since theres a bomb salad place near