Hey everyone!

Options
I'm Justin and I joined probably around February but never properly introduced myself. I'm a sophomore at Texas A&M and before college the most I ever weighed was 313. Now being in college for a year and a half I've gone down to 280. But! That's not enough. I seem to be stuck in the 280-285 area and have been for about 6 months. The biggest thing I would like is some accountability and I hope there are people on here willing to help me out.

Thanks!

Replies

• vibral
    Options
    Hi Justin! One of my instructors at my gym has a son who plays football for A&M. I hear about him all the time (no clue what his name is, just that she is a really proud mom!). Plateaus are no fun. I went through one that lasted about months. I think what finally broke it for me was adding in a different exercise (swimming instead of walking). Honestly though, being here in Texas, with this heat it sometimes feels like our options are very limited on outdoor things. Glad to see you posting !
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hey Justin, maybe you need to change the way you are eating and exercising. Doing any cardio? Add me and I will be glad to help keep you accountable.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me man... I'll keep you in check muahahha!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You're cute!
    Keep up the good work, even if you are stuck at that weight, it can only get better if you keep going at it!
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My and my roommates play basketball at the gym about 4 times a week and I play tackle football with other friends on the weekends sometimes so I get a fair amount of exercise per week, but I could boost it up a bit i guess! haha
    And thanks everyone! Honestly I didn't think this would get replied on.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi...we all plateau off and on in this journey....but the main thing...don't give up. With constant work....you will reach your goal. You have already proven you can succeed ! Just keep logging...change up your exercise....and calorie counts. Sometimes if you watch it too close...you stall. Eat more a few days and less a few days. Tricks the body. Good luck....feel free to add me as a friend...I will cheer you on! :smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck with you weight loss and the new school year.
  • fmramey
    fmramey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Justin,

Congratulations for your efforts so far. Hang in there.