Leaving Weight Watchers???

Hi there! I'm currently on WW blue plan, but I'm thinking about leaving. Im just struggling with keeping my points under control. I'm a little scared to change though. Anyone here former WW finding success on MFP? Thanks for all the input!

Replies

• anneb83
    anneb83 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you! That’s actually comforting to hear. 🙂
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,522 Member
    I had great success on WW. I wouldn’t go so far as to say WW is a scam. But WW is really just calorie counting dressed up so they can get copyright protection.

WW is where I learned the value of a food diary and a food scale. The two best weight loss tools. Unlike most people, I didn’t quit going to my meeting when I made Lifetime. Kept going for years and only quit when I moved away. I moved to a smaller town that only had 1 meeting that just didn’t work so well for me. So I switched to MFP to help me continue to maintain.

There’s not really much difference between the WW and MFP systems. So reading your post I’d wonder if you’re going to get any benefit from switching. It’s all about eating in a calorie deficit. Like I said, WW points are just calories in disguise.

If you have trouble sticking to your number the obvious question is how aggressive is your plan? You don’t say in your post, are you losing weight? If yes, how fast? Do they still have WPA on WW? Do you eat those or try to stay away? When I was on WW I ate every point most weeks but still manage long stretches of weekly losses.

Last question, do you find yourself suffering through the day or week struggling to hit your number? Just my view- suffering is not good and not necessary. On the other hand it’s probably not possible to lose much without being uncomfortable part of the time.
    I had to get past the office vending machines to get home to my point friendly snacks. It didn’t feel good but it was only temporary. Frequently the suffering gets paired with trying to do it fast. It’s only logical to want to end the suffering ASAP. Generally doesn’t work for long. Whatever plan you follow consider how you’re living. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • anneb83
    anneb83 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you so much! I talked it over with my husband this morning and decided to stay on WW. You’re right, it is a lot about examining how I’m living. I’ve lost a few pounds on WW, but definitely not as much as I’d like. I do like the system that WW has as far as directing people to better choices. Thank you for your input, it really does help!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,522 Member
    A couple more thoughts. So long as we’re losing the best plan is one we will actually follow.

Everyone wishes the process was different. We all want to just twitch our nose and find ourselves magically at goal weight. But we live in a physical world that has limits.

Don’t let your brain wreck you. If you’re losing it’s working. It’s a fact. Unfortunately if we lose 1 lb the voice in our head wants it to be 2 lbs. Don’t know why that is. But we don’t need let that voice jerk us around trying to convince us that a working plan is not good enough. I think our brains hate weight loss and just want us to quit ASAP.