Calorie adjustment

Options
The calorie adjustment is really confusing for me.

I have an apple watch and on its app it shows that for example I burn 700 calories on a day, but on myfitness pal it only deducts like 200 calories as exercise.
How do I fix it so it matches my health app exactly and not only takes into account just one particular exercise session and rather the whole day?

Replies

• bubus05
    bubus05 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can. Two different fitness apps will never agree. You just have to guess which one is closer to the truth. I have seen a review on YT on the most expensive fitness watches of 2021, dude was comparing seven different premium watches, got seven different results on calorie burns heart rates etc.
    I would go with the one that shows less calorie burns.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    fitnessrez wrote: »
    The calorie adjustment is really confusing for me.

I have an apple watch and on its app it shows that for example I burn 700 calories on a day, but on myfitness pal it only deducts like 200 calories as exercise.
    How do I fix it so it matches my health app exactly and not only takes into account just one particular exercise session and rather the whole day?

It's hard to know what numbers you're comparing precisely.

What you should be comparing is your total calorie burn for the day according to Apple and the number that Apple sends over to MFP: from what I've read, Apple doesn't always sync correctly with MFP.

What do you see when you look at your calorie adjustment on your diary? Choose a day in the past, a complete day. On the app, tap on that line in your diary, you'll see a screen like this:

a6o9d2vcayz2.png

Tap on the calories and you'll see a screen like this:

ax96d1x1tdwx.png

If you choose a day in the past, that number of calories according to Apple should be the same number you see in your Apple app for the entire day. (And latest sync should be at 11.59PM)

If that number isn't the same, the sync is wrong. If you sync Apple with the Pacer app and the Pacer app with MFP (instead of syncing directly between Apple and MFP) you might get a different result.