To lose more than 100 lbs in 16 weeks

Options
I started on this diet along with a great deal more exercise than normal and my start weight was 343 pounds. I was wearing a 50 waist in pants and that was tight. My doctor told me straight out I had to lose it or die. What an eye opener. Any way I started on the 5th of May and by the 11 of September I weighed in at 226. I am still looking to lose another 36 pounds. I am 5 foot 6 inches tall and even though 190 seems heavy that usally puts me at a 34 waist. This is what I weighed when I left the Military in 1992. I consume on the average of 1500 calories a day and no less. I walk on the treadmill most mornings and burn around 1400 to 1450 calories. Other times I've started to go to a local park here in memphis and walk a 6 mile trail. and about half way through I loop back so I actually do 9 miles in all. It's great because when I started my diet I got on the treadmill the first day and could not walk a quarter of a mile. This healthy thing sure feels good.

Replies

• JulieSchilling
    JulieSchilling Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! Keep up the good work :-)
  • nmitch415
    Options
    Great job!! your a rock star, and thank you for your service:)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Dang! That is phenomenal.
  • wendibartel
    Options
    Wow! Amazing Job. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for serving our country!
  • dsimon1970
    Options
    Wow Congrats! that takes dedication. Good for you and Cheers to a longer healthier life!!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's amazing. Keep it up!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    that is so great!! keep it up!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    you are in inspiration...I weigh in over 300 lbs...and it's taken me a while to get out of denial and realize that if I don't do something my health will decline rapidly as I get older. I'm 6' 0" so I always hid behind...."I'm tall and I have big bones"....NOT that big! I don't think I can lose that much that fast, but reading your story really pumped me up! Here's to success!
    Oh, and thank you for your military service!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it with us. You're a real inspiration...to have taken your Doc's message to heart and really got out there and did it...and fast! Bravo!
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WOW......UM that's all I have. AMAZINGLY jealous and envious!! Great job and keep it up. Thank you for serving!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and inspirational. Congratulations!
  • Kristin9902
    Kristin9902 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Awesome job keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow.... That's amzing!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • katmun1
    Options
    Way to go! You are a true inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us and THANKS for serving our country:)
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • mskisha1120
    mskisha1120 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesome keep up the good work you inspire me!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    How long a walk on the treadmill burns that many calories for you. WHOA!!! Great job! You are amazing!!!! Totally inspiring me to get on my stationary bike and work at it everyday until I can go on for an hour. My rear end starts getting achy and sore from the seat after the first 15 minutes. Its usually not my legs or body not wanting just my behind. I'd be happy with half that in 16 weeks.
  • greeneyez1965
    Options
    Congrats and may you continue the journey to GREAT HEALTH. :smile:
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    WOW......AMAZING! I have 100 lbs to lose and wish I could do it that fast. That would be amazing. Right now I'm hoping I can do it in a year. You are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your story and serving our country! God Bless!
  • rsparks38
    Options
    Wow! I am glad to hear you are eating! Sounds like your dedication to exercise is the trick!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!