Plateau help?

Options
I've lost about 23 lbs so far(in the past 7 months) and recently(the past 3-4 weeks) I have not lost any weight, I even gained weight but it fluctuates a lot.
I've been eating 1200-1500 calories a day still, and working out every day. Being back at school is a little difficult with the dieting but I think I'm doing pretty well, baked chicken, fish, or a turkey burger every day.
I am a college student so the food thing is kind of hard but I don't think I should be gaining weight. The entire time of my weight loss I have just been eating healthy and doing the elliptical for an hour every day and a little bit of weight lifiting.
I came back to school and started spinning and zumba last week. I still want to lose 15 more pounds
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Change up what you are eating...I know doesn't make sense...eating more can actually kick start your metabolism sometimes and make you lose the weight again. Also, change up your exercise routine...by doing something different you body changes....it has become comfortable with whatever you were doing and needs to be shaken up. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!
  • GA_Gyrl
    GA_Gyrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine.....went to a metabolic clinic......after losing 50 pounds she hit a plateau! They told her to eat 6 apples......that's it.....for one day. and JUST a sip of water if need be and that will kick her back into losing....and it worked.....for her! I have not tried it though
  • HughG16
    Options
    This is going to sound impossible for a college student, but...quit drinking. 2 weeks to a month. The weight really falls off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine.....went to a metabolic clinic......after losing 50 pounds she hit a plateau! They told her to eat 6 apples......that's it.....for one day. and JUST a sip of water if need be and that will kick her back into losing....and it worked.....for her! I have not tried it though
    It would work for anyone that ate just 500 calories in one day! Metabolic clinic? Heh, I wouldn't take that advice.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Take one day and CHEAT! that has worked for me...It seems like it just kicks my metabolism back in when i do that...and looks like you're changing up your workout routine a bit..that's good...it'll take a bit of time, but it should start coming back...
    Eat as many of your exercise calories as possible...it DOES help...
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options

That's really interesting. Maybe I'll try that. I haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks.... But I have still been losing inches. Gaining muscle.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's just really discouraging to see a weight gain when I'm changing up my workouts and working so much harder than I was before
    I guess I'll try eating more.... it's just so scary to eat way more in fear that it won't work.