Why Can't I Eat Red Onion Anymore?

Options
2»

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I eat loads of raw onion and have no problems, but after eating peppers for years (like my whole life) at around the age of 23 I had to cut them out completely because every time I had them (cooked or raw) my stomach would bloat up (looked 8months pregnant sort of bloated). Id get seriously painful cramps and within half an hour be on the toilet :s

I love them as well but the pain was so bad I couldnt eat them, Iv had several times Iv had something without realising they were in it until it was too late and same problem so no more peppers for me now :/
  • AnnoraCherryLane
    AnnoraCherryLane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread but I thought I’d weigh in and ask if anyone out there every tried cooking and eating onion or garlic without the green or white heart of either of them? I found when I pull these little bits out that I don’t get sick or bloated anymore..!!😳😳🥰
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread but I thought I’d weigh in and ask if anyone out there every tried cooking and eating onion or garlic without the green or white heart of either of them? I found when I pull these little bits out that I don’t get sick or bloated anymore..!!😳😳🥰

Raw onion, any part, any colour, causes stomach pain for me. Cooked onion, no issues at all. I've never eaten raw garlic but have used it in cooking with no problems.

Currently doing low FODMAP and onion and garlic are both at the top of the naughty list as common irritants.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I'm not a raw onion person, but I do get that problem with garlic. I mean..I eat it anyway but still... 😂
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Maybe undead/zombie threads attract vampires who can't tolerate garlic and other alliums?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I think @lyn_glenmont has got it sussed. You are all vampires.

68w91s0bs0vh.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Maybe undead/zombie threads attract vampires who can't tolerate garlic and other alliums?

LMAO!

But to be fair, the person who most recently revived it surely found it via search and noted in the post that it was an old thread.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Kind of off topic, but doing food elimination diet to check food allergies & garlic is in everything!