Can someone look at my food diary?

Hi all,

Can someone look at my food diary and make some suggestions? Im just getting back into MFP so only the last few days are recorded. I just started teaching so a lot of my days are so busy I sometimes skip meals. I find that either I 1) am way too busy so I skip a meal here and there, or eat junk, and ultimately am too busy to work out so I just barely meet my daily calorie intake, OR 2) when I get time to exercise, I can never meet my calorie intake.... Like, right now I have about 1000 calories left for the day because I actually had time to get in a couple hours at the gym! But I ate all my meals and am not hungry at all..... Can you give some suggestions on what types of food I should be eating more of, etc.

Replies

• TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I would add more protein. Cook up a bunch of chicken/turkey breast then freeze in 4oz portions so its ready to go to add to any meal. (I freeze mine). Drizzle with flavored olive oil, nuts and avocado. Nut butters.

Just to name a few.....
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    I would add more protein. Cook up a bunch of chicken/turkey breast then freeze in 4oz portions so its ready to go to add to any meal. (I freeze mine). Drizzle with flavored olive oil, nuts and avocado. Nut butters.

Just to name a few.....

I agree and try to keep away from prepacked food... Pre-bake or crockpot some chicken breast and use it to make wraps and salads to bring w you during the week..
  • alexandradeyl
    alexandradeyl Posts: 67 Member
    whole grains, brown rice, nuts, seeds, lots of vegetables and fruit, lean protein. water water water. a trainer told me "lots of colors." avoid sugar, white flour, things that are very processed... good luck :)
  • you can get some really good idea by looking at OTHER people food diaries too- they're public- open to peruse.

that's how I got some good ideas of what else to snack on-

if you're happy with what you're eating, eat MORE of it- 2 helpings-
    you seem to be WAY UNDER- which can harm you just as much as OVEREATING.

The one thing I have learned in this journey- NOT eating because "I'm too busy" is like shooting myself in the foot and then
    complaining about my aching feet.

I have had to re-train myself TO eat- I spent 40 some years not just with eating disorders, but DISORDERED eating patterns.

I have a LOT more energy now, I don't wait till I'm famished and then crave the quick sugar fixes.
  • I would add more protein. Cook up a bunch of chicken/turkey breast then freeze in 4oz portions so its ready to go to add to any meal. (I freeze mine). Drizzle with flavored olive oil, nuts and avocado. Nut butters.

Just to name a few.....

That sounds yummy.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    agree with all of the above. try packing lunch the night before. i find the key is in being organized and prepare ahead as much as possible. no pre packaged foods (too much sodium), lots of protein and don't forget the water. not eating enough can work against you. i work crazy shifts sometimes as a nurse. if there is no other way to get a workout in, i get up super early in the morning to get it in. i actually enjoy doing it that way. i have lots more energy and don't have to worry about fitting it in later. good luck!!