Seriously this time.

Options
Okay, this never seems to work for me, because I seem to give everyone bad vibes or something.

I have been on mfp for years and never manage to make anything stick. This time, I didn't 'wait until Monday.' I'm changing my ways. I need support and help and to feel less like I'm screaming into the void. So, hello nice people! Add me!

My weight is costing me money at this point, as I keep winding up unable to work due to weight related back issues. I need to drop it. Its time.

I eat out of boredom. I eat without noticing I'm eating. I skip meals, I don't sleep. I'm overhauling my entire life and I need help!

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Overhauling my whole life would be overwhelming for me, if I made many changes at once. What is your plan? I don’t know about you, but I love making lists. I would think that if you did and first tackled the first couple items on your list, that would be a great start. It seems that many people start with just logging their food for a few days without making food choice changes. It was eye opening for me when I first did that a number of years ago (so, so many calories!). If you share your plan here, a few people may chime in with helpful recommendations. 🙂
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    WRITTEN DOWN PLAN. Make it doable and then follow it daily without fail. Once you create the habit, it's much easier to follow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BekkiBradbury
    BekkiBradbury Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. Eat 3 meals a day.
    2. Sort terrible sleep pattern out
    3. Cut out sugary snacks and drinks.
    4. Squeeze exercise into my routine.
  • Peedi08
    Peedi08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I can help if you ever need it. You can do this. Do not try and do to much to fast. When I help people on this journey we take one step at a time. You have to my small change so it can be sustained forever. Hit me up if you ever need advice.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Your plan sounds doable. You may wish to do an internet search for ‘sleep hygiene’ for some good tips.
  • jillfinney1
    jillfinney1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We can do this! You are not alone! I’m so proud that you have awareness of what you need to change! I do agree with an earlier poster that I would suggest changing one thing at the time....or maybe two. For me, it’s logging what I eat and exercise. I’m in the similar place of also not sleeping good. I hope when I re-create an e exercise routine, that will improve. Best wishes to you!