45 days and happy

Options
Hi, I’m Cathy and I’ve been following MFP for about 45 days. I haven’t lost a lot yet, but I’m happy so far. I’ve tried other programs, but I like this because I’m learning how to eat and sustain any weight loss. I also don’t have the hunger and cravings that I had with other programs. My next goal is to start a walking routine. Any tips appreciated!

Replies

• jillfinney1
    jillfinney1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to hear those tips, too! I began my fitness pal just a week ago, and like you I’m impressed. I seriously like that at night when I complete my diary, it tells me that if I keep it up for the next five weeks I will weigh ______. I am appreciating also discovering my macro nutrients. I realized immediately that I was not eating enough protein and too many carbohydrates. This part is always a challenge for me because I eat a plant-based diet, but I know it can be done! Good luck to you and best wishes!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome, y’all.

Oh wow! Read the boards! You’ll find dozens, of not hundreds of “tip” threads, particularly on the General Health, Fitness, nutrition, and Success Stories pages.

My tips to you are simple:
    *get a food scale and weigh accurately
    *log honestly
    * read the boards every day - you’ll find so much helpful info here from successful, supportive users

I think that reading and participating in the boards has been 50% of my success, calorie counting has been the other 100%.

😉