Starting Over (For the 37th time probably, I've lost count)

Options
For any of my current (and soon to be buddies), you'll see this on my timeline...

It's been a while since I've been here and to be honest I had lost all motivation, glossing over this app daily. I've realized that NOW is the most important time for me to focus on my health. Why now? A family member suffered a major heart "event" (they are still trying to figure out what happened, but he came very close to dying), I went shopping for a new dress shirt and it was an eye opening experience bc I hadn't realized how much weight I've gained and I'm getting ready to write a new chapter in my life so I want to make sure I'm physically ready for everything that comes along with it.

Soooo I welcome any and all kickass, supportive, motivating, inspiring friends to help me become a kickass, supportive, motivating and inspiring MFP buddy and to hold me accountable.

Replies

• G0ldengirl68
    G0ldengirl68 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Kentucky ;) I have started over a lot of times as well. I'm glad we are here now, that's what counts. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and it was a huge shock for me. I thought I was healthy for the most part, but eating wrong most of my life, and maybe partly genetic reasons, got my blood sugar too high. Now I tell people it may be the best thing that ever happened to me because talk about a kick in the *kitten*.

I started reading a lot about the body (and watching videos on low-carb/keto), and how the organs work, or stop working etc. I also cleaned out my cupboards, and fridge of any of my bad habits like chips, and too much bread, and stocked up on the good stuff. I figured if it's not in my home, I can't eat it :D It's working, I lost 12 lbs in the first 2 months. Just diagnosed Jan. 20, 2021. A lot was water but it inspired me to push forward.

I walk for burning calories, and I do bodyweight exercises like pushups for and squats for muscle toning and building. I did the walking, and occasional bodyweight for the past, 6 -7 years, but never lost any of that stubborn fat. Now, with the nutrition change, things are going good and my T2 has gotten down to the normal range.

Enough outa me, just wanted to encourage you, and you can friend me if you think you'd like an older lady on your team ;)
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been doing this for a long time because I keep starting over. But at least we all keep trying!! Good luck!
  • debolt2014
    debolt2014 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also terrible at being consitant but lately its all I think about! I hoping I have the motivation to stick with it this time!