Cookbooks and Meal ideas

Options
Since I started this journey in August I have pretty much been eating the same thing over and over. Needless to say it's getting old.. Lol. I was wondering if any of you have a low calorie cook book that would be simple and quick meals. Doesn't have to be super quick, just nothing super complicated. I would GREATLY appreciate any and all suggestions. Trying to eat healthier and loose weight myself but I also wanna make healthier meals that are tasty for my family! =) Also... any suggestions for proteins at lunch and dinner that's not grilled chicken breast or fish?? Thanks again!!

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    BUY HUNGRY GIRL COOKBOOKS..Check it our onlne all of her meals are low in calorie and tasty !
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    For protein, try roasted chicken breast (20 protein in 65 grams cooked chicken for 107 calories), fish, tuna, cheese (12 protein in 2 light baby bel for 100 calories), cottage cheese (15 protein in ½ cup fat free cottage cheese for 90 calories) – goes great with fruit too!

A few other options are beans, peas, tofu, nuts, yogurt, peanut butter…

1% M.F. Greek Yogurt is a great option too!! ;)

As for cook books, I have WAY too many to list just 1. What kind of foods do you enjoy eating?
    Message me, and I'll see if I can dig out a few good recipes that we love! ;)
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Online: http://400caloriesorless.com/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Books I like: anything from Ellie Krieger, the Cook Yourself Thin books, Cook's Illustrated Best Light Recipe, and Cooking Light's Meals in Minutes. Hungry Girl has some stuff that's ok, but I'm not as big a fan of hers.
  • heather3879
    heather3879 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com! The recipes are easy and come with photos if that makes it easier for you. She has low-fat and lower-calorie versions of many recipes.
  • bcopeland2005
    bcopeland2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks girls!! i have looked up a couple new recipes online to get me started. i usually take my lunch and it's hard to prepare something the night before that's healthy and wont spoil. thanks again!! u guys are awesome!! =)
  • PlumeriaTattoo
    PlumeriaTattoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The recipes I've found in Clean Eating magazine have all been FANTASTIC -- delicious, healthy and low-calorie. Highly recommend you check it out. They have a website with many of the recipes. I made Orange Chipotle Chicken the other night -- delicious!