I need to loose 130pounds

Options
:sad: Ive been away for awhile and now i want to get back. Im ready to jump in with a lot of weight to lose. I looking to get connected with with friends for motivation on both ends. :flowerforyou:

Lets do this!!!! I live in Georgia if you also would like to go walking or meetup at the gym.

Replies

• Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I've lost 118 so far the old fashioned way: sweat, tears and veggies. I'll send you a friend request.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! That number does make you want to cry, I too need to looose 130+10 more=140. However, I am certainly not looking at that HUGE number which equals a person...LOL

I am breaking it into mini goals mainly because they give me celebration reasons to beeven better to myself along the way and I don't know what my 'real' goal weight is until I get there. Right now i just know its to not have the first # start with a 3, MET.

Now working on not have the first # start with a 2. Baby steps one choice at a time. Check out my profile if you like...add me as a friend if you like.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. If you need support you can add me. Great to have you here!
  • anglin66
    Options
    I also need to lose about 120 pounds. I don't live near you but would still be interested in a friend for support. I just joined today and i am motivated to lose.
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    you can do this..Don't tell anyone, not even to you, that you need to lose 130lbs...NEVER AGAIN!!! You want to lose 10..that goal has helped me lose 53lbs. in 14 weeks...challenge your mind w/10lbs. at a time...It really is an easier task... I'll be your helper/friend!!! THE VERY BEST WISHES TO YOU...
  • fitinprogress
    Options
    I am right there with you! Have to lose 150+, but I'm already through part of it. You can totally do this! I'll send a friend request and give the support I can! :D
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I wish you good luck in your latest effort, but I think its important for you to answer (for yourself) some fairly critical questions...

1. Why did you fail in the past? (seriously, if you don't know why you failed, how are you going to avoid the same pitfalls this time around).

2. Assuming you know why you failed previously, what are you planning to do to avoid the same pitfalls?

3. Are your goals strong enough to stick with a program even if results aren't immediate or steady?

I'm going to answer these questions for myself for why I failed after August 2005, partly to show you that I'm not just being mean, but also because I think it helps me to remind myself of this from time to time:

1. I lost 50 pounds in 2005 doing Atkins. I gained it all back (plus some) over the next few years. Why did I fail? my goal at that time was simply "lose weight" and once I lost those 50 pounds, I got complacent and half *kitten* about things. I began cheating more and more often with my food choices. I also have come to realize that the Atkins lifestyle was not sustainable for me. Sure, it worked and I lost weight....but there is no way I could eat like that long term. I had no plan for maintenance or doing something beyond Atkins that would help me "keep the weight off".

2. for 2011, my goal was more than simply "lose weight"...it was primarily "lead a healthier lifestyle; be healthy". For this goal, I can succeed everyday even if the measurements don't follow suit everyday. It may sound like a simple switch, but I realize how much of a difference this goal is for my mindset. To help with the mindset, I've read a LOT of stuff about the importance of being healthy and that's what I want for myself and my family. I want to have more energy, be more active, be less lethargic, etc. Also, knowing that Atkins was not sustainable for me, I simply pursued a healthier eating plan. I reduced and/or cut out some crap from my menu. I read how certain foods work well together and I learned (for the most part) how to stop eating when I was full. Just because its yummy and I can eat more, once I'm full, I'm full. I also learned about the importance of drinking a bunch of water daily.

3. I think my goals are much stronger this time around. Now that I've lost 50ish again, I've found myself having to fight some degree of complacency. But, I don't let it last. I read stuff and remind myself that I'm not at my goal, that I still have a lot of work to do and that, really, my goal is a lifelong commitment to being healthier.
  • RcknDisturbed1
    RcknDisturbed1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Dorothy_C
    Dorothy_C Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Baby steps, girlfriend. Don't just look at the overall number...look at the small accomplishments you make each week. You'll start chipping away at that number sure enough.
  • Littlemegan31
    Options
  • barbwirelaceandroses
    Options
    Im with you! Same amt of weight to lose. We can do this...!! I'd love to be pals.
  • nickylcg
    Options
    I would like to lose 120.. wouldlove to add friends.
  • want2lovemybody
    Options
    I need to lose 95!!! Help Dont know how I am going to do it!!! Please add me!!!
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I live in the great state of Georgia too! Feel free to add me.