Apple Fitness+

Options
thomasjkoch1854
thomasjkoch1854 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to know if My Fitness Pal will add the Apple Fitness+ Core, Cycling, Dance, HIIT, Mindful Cooldown, Rowing, Strength, Treadmill and Yoga in the Exercise section where I can log my exercise? I had to "create" my exercise for those. I mean when I do Apple Fitness+ Strength, I could not log it in Strength section but in Cardio section. Help?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That is correct - the strength section is a set and rep logging tool.
    Find a better tool for that.

For logging the workouts for calories to correctly eat more when you do more, that is Strength Training in the Exercise database. Or for the others whatever it really is you are doing.
    Since HIIT label is incorrectly thrown on all number of workouts, probably calisthenics or such.
    Rowing is there, yoga is there.

And no they won't be adding other specific named workouts like that.
    The database is from the METS database that has studies behind the figures, of which your Apple stuff doesn't, besides it's already there as part of existing exercise - not like Apple has invented new workouts despite the claims I'm sure they'd like to make.

You got the right idea if you really want to use MFP as a fitness diary, create your own workout name, use the calorie burn Apple says.
    But I'm betting it's already on Apple with all the info and more, so you probably don't need great details here.
    Not like you'll be having HR info here, or paces, ect.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    If you have a record of what you did in the Apple ecosystem, you don't need one here. It's important that the calories sync, but MFP isn't an exercise log, it does a horrible job compared to apps and sites made to be training logs. For example, MFP says I rode my bike yesterday, Garmin shows me where, that I made a new PR, and a lot of other relevant stuff. I'm assuming your Apple does that. If not, a lot of people use Strava as a log.
  • mildrids_
    mildrids_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @thomasjkoch1854 am a bit late to the party here. Just wondering what your experience with Apple Fitness+ is? Happy with it? Worth the $10/mo?
  • JReeves711
    JReeves711 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Apple Fitness+. Been using it since it came out!