NSV....and my first visual success!!!

Options
dlyeates
dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
This journey is really hard for me and even though I've lost 12 lbs already it's hard for me to be excited because my first goal is still 15 lbs away (this discourages me).

But I finally had a NSV that I can share!!! Last year I bought a pair of size 16 jeans that were really really tight on me (but how do you pass up Levi jeans for $7!!!). My wonderful husband told me to buy them because he knew I would fit into them soon. Well it wasn't very soon but I pulled them out the other day and they fit!!! And even better....they are a little loose on me (especially in the rear and thighs--I'm almost a whole size bigger in my stomach thanks to the destruction my 2 beautiful children caused!!).

I know that I still have 15 lbs to my pre-baby weight and a total of 35 lbs until my goal weight but I only have 2 pants sizes to go to get to my smallest size since like high school!!! Had to share!!!

Replies

• NorthernCally
    Options
    Personally, I thank you for sharing! It always helps me to hear someone else having success at this 'weight loss thing'! We have to acknowledge and appreciate the 'little' victories, because the big ones take so much longer to see! Enjoy it, and use it to keep yourself motivated to get to the next goal! Good work!!
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that they finally fit!
    Hang in there, you're obviously doing something right :)
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I celebrate your success and you should do the same .. you look at it as i still have 15lbs to go and it could be the 12lbs you just lost plus 15lbs. Be proud of yourself and know that you are doing a great work and let nothing stop you. Your second ingredient to your success is your husband and i salute him for encouraging you and standing by your side. I did not have that when i started my journey over a year ago and although it felt great crossing the finish line it would have felt even better had my spouse been supportive of me. You have all the materials to build your new life and succeed in your journey there is no doubt in my mind that as long as you use every tool including yourself that you will soon enough have your victorious goal until than you keep working hard and no matter how small you keep your head held high and be proud of every ounce that you burn .. you can't get to pounds without ounces any how .. (thumbs up)
  • bfoster80
    Options
    You're doing awesome, girl! Keep up the good work! Baby steps- and you'll reach your goal!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic. don't be discouraged that you're still X away from a goal weight. this is a new lifestyle and you're doing great one day at a time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!