Reflections on my week

Options
I’m a foodie...no question about it. I had a couple of treats this past week, which are showing up on the scale. Up 1.4 pounds this week. Time to double down and get back to it. I didn’t review the reason I want to lose weight each day, so I think it will help to get back to that. On a good note, I started back up with water aerobics, which has felt amazing. One thing that crossed my mind is that I approach food like my alcoholic father approached alcohol. He was a “dry drunk” which meant he could go long periods of time not drinking, but once he decided to drink he went overboard. Has anyone else felt that way or made that connection with food?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but sounds like bingeing.

Whatever it may be called, you're aware of the behaviour in yourself as well as the potential roots of its origin.

That will go a long way in your ability to combat unhelpful behavior @justace0305. Foodies can be healthy too 😉
  • justace0305
    justace0305 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I’m on a journey to be healthy foodie. Thanks for your support!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am a binge eater. I have often said if I treated alchohol the same as food I would consider myself an alcoholic.

The struggle is real.
  • justace0305
    justace0305 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks @bebeisfit. It helps to know I’m not alone in this struggle. Thank you!