Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

torn between Polar RS 800cx and Suunto t6d...

Question for the pro's: I am torn between the Polar RS 800cx and the suuntot6d (my 40th birthday gift, hehe: no jewelry for me). I am leaning towards to suunto because I do extreme skiing and hiking the bowl in Colorado every year and could benefit from the altitude and temperature measurement abilities. What do you think?

Replies

• Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Ok, I get ... 0 reply. I think I'm going with the altitude measure thing.. Why do responses go to topics like: How did you met your significant other? And there is no response to my fitness related question?? I'm sad and can't handle it. That should be my new topic...
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    bump;)
  • Well, I never use them. There is a link for you tho:
    http://runtotri.blogspot.com/2009/01/polar-rs800cx-or-suunto-t6c-that-is.html

Good luck
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks my friends!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Look up suunto t6d in amazon.com and one of the reviewers wrote a detailed comparison of the two models.
  • I really like my RS800CX. The blog that ABNemeth linked to is what helped me decide. I've been using my Polar for well over a year now and haven't thought about switching. The best part of it is that when you use the G3 GPS, it actually shows you on Google Earth your running/cycling path and which heart rate zones you were in at specific points along your path.

There is one downside though to the RS800CX. The big red button (start/stop) can sometimes be flakey. I've managed to overlook that though because the functionality of the watch is just so awesome compared to anything I've ever used.