After workout

Options
After my Zumba class I get hungry what should I eat or snack on and what to drink.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits into your calorie goal and you find satisfying?
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    There is no one size fits all. It is all dependent upon your goals and timing of the day.

What time are you normally done with Zumba?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Food and drink that you enjoy and satisfies your hunger and thirst.

Are you thinking it has to be something "special" because of the zumba class? It really doesn't.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Well, I always suggest that one drink water, but there isn't any reason to avoid adding tea or coffee or other flavors to that water. I just happen to drink a LOT of water.

What do you do after Zumba class? Do you head to work or home or school or some other recreational activity? That is, do you need something grab and go or just something waiting for you when you get home? Fruit and nuts or nut butter are super easy. I often take RXbars on long hikes or bike rides as an easy snack. Whatever you choose, it just needs to fit in with all of your other nutritional and calories goals for the day, there is no magic post cardio snack rule.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I swim after work, and after a swim, I always start with ~16 oz of water to make sure I'm not mistaking hunger for thirst. About half the time, that's all I need to hold me until I can get home and make a proper dinner.

But if I'm still pangy on the drive home, I keep peanut butter filled pretzel bites in the car and will have have 5 or 6 for between 70 and 80 calories. Just that little bit of salt, carb, and protein seems to do the trick for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Anything you want...depending on the day of the week and/or if it's a weekend, lunch or dinner are usually right around the corner for me once I've worked out or I'm done playing.