Simple fitness plan at home please?

Options
Im looking for a simple fitness plan i can do at home everyday for about a half hour or hour, i do not own machines i only have dumbells and im trying to look for fitness exercises to get skinny and tone up and you can simply do at home without the hastle of the gym membership and all. please reply for help

Replies

• MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love 30 DAy Shred by Jillian Michaels. All you need is dumbells and a lil space.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have been doing workouts at home. I have been doing fitness DVD's and working out with the Nintendo Wii. I work out for about 30 mins - 40 mins a day. Or even check out youTube and watchtose exercise vids
  • sophiabethsmom
    Options
    DVDs are working for me. I'm a stay-at-home mom with a tiny budget and a 2-month-old baby. I did spend about $50 up front, but I've felt like I've gotten good variety and good workouts from the following line-up (I do the same workout 5 times a week then go to a new DVD for the next week and plan to rotate through them all and add new ones now and then).

*30 Day Shred (JM)
    *No More Trouble Zones (JM)
    *Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (JM)
    *Six-Week Six Pack (JM)
    *Super Burn Something . . . (Bob Harper)
    *Cardio Rev Something (sorry to not know the exact names but they're Bob Harper)
    *I also have an old Tae Bo VHS from forever ago that's actually pretty decent :)

Good luck! And I recommend buying used on Amazon to get the best deals.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there, it depends what you want to achieve really, it can be done at home, but successfully depending on your goal you would need to get your hands on some weights. If it's just fitness you want then there are a huge amount of DVD's about the dance ones are quite good, and I was quite impressed with Jessie Wallace's DVD but it is worth mentioning she didn't get to look like she does in the DVD just by doing what is on it. She joined a gym and did an intense bodybuilding programme. Is there any reason you are not a gym fan? :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hit the pavement. Run or walk. No extra equipment necessary. :)
  • slbeutler
    Options
    p90x is great if you have at least an hour a day to workout. I also love Rev Abs by Brett Hoebel (Biggest loser trainer), it mixes martial arts and works all your mucles like crazy. Insanity is shorter, it is about 38 minutes per workout until later in the program it gets a bit longer and totally kicks your butt with no equipment.
  • druzzie
    druzzie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some cable systems have channels that just offer these exercise dvds.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Wii Fit. I dunno how I ever tried to exercise and lose weight without it!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Some cable systems have channels that just offer these exercise dvds.
    THIS!!!

Exercise TV on our digital cable lineup has tons of different videos to try....... awesome to try a bunch to know what you like and don't like before you buy.