I have earned 570 calories for exercising.

Options
Got a question. MFP, in the diary part, says that I have earned 570 calories that I can consume due to exercising. I haven't exercised today. Where does that come from and how do they calculate that and is it correct? I have a Garmin Vivosmart but that doesn't figure in to this portion of MFP does it?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Did you walk more than usual? Leave your Garmin on top the washer so it thought you were exercising?

Have you checked you Garmin to see what kind of exercise it thinks you did or when?
  • goldyray1
    goldyray1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Garmin just says that I walked 2918 steps (I work in an office at a computer all day) and it also says I burnt a shameful 2007 calories today. No intense activity. Usually I walk on my breaks at work but it was cold today so I didn't. That is actually the only info it gives you. If you do any kind of activity, you have to program it in and set it and all kinds of stuff. I just wear it to see my steps and supposedly how many calories I burn. Also Garmin Connect shows about your sleeping and some other stuff that interests me.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Did you do anything yesterday? I disconnected my fitbit and MFP because it would sometimes sync overnight and it would look like one day I didn't sit still and the next day I hadn't done anything.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It's not just reporting exercise is the simple answer, it's trying to estimate your TDEE.
    If you don't want it to send data to MFP then don't sync it.

By the way 2000 calories is often given a a mythical average for the mythical average adult woman. It's not a "shameful" number - it's a very normal number.