Favorite on-hand food

Options
What food do you ALWAYS keep on hand? It's necessary to the point that if you run out, you make plans to replenish it that day (or the next day)?

Replies

• alohabrie
    Options
    Oddly enough - baby spinach. I add to lots of things. Eggs, sauces, just sauteed, in burgers, in pasta salad. :smile:
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    eggs, turkey sausage, deli turkey, chicken breast, all kinds of nuts, and all kinds of fruit(mostly apples,blueberries and bananas
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    fuji apples, raw milk, and kashi golean crunch.
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is funny because just yesterday I had to make a run to wal-mart for just this lol
    100 calorie begals
    rice cakes
    yogurt
    minurature 3 musketeers for when i have a really bad chocolate craving
    Thats pretty much my must haves in my house as far as snacks go
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Chobani yogurt.
  • lisamerida
    lisamerida Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, chicken and rice
  • gierej
    gierej Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Baked Ruffles, but you have to make sure you portion them. I have a little food scale and I weigh out my one ounce. It's my favorite snack!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Atkins bars. Great for my chocolate cravings or a snack before/after my workout.
  • kklemencic
    Options
    Raw almonds for quickk protein snack, hummus/salmon for lunch and romaine lettuce for dinner and skim milk for my Advocare muscle gain protein shake.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    apples and cheese sticks lol
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like the protein plus bars. Will go to Sam's just to get them. Then spend another $100 cause I'm already there.
  • hanstaff
    hanstaff Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Quaker instant porridge, breakfast bars, branflakes, Muller light yogurts and peanut butter. My cupboards are filled with backups of all of these things (bar the yogurts) in case I run out.
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Emerald's Cocoa covered almonds. 1 oz is 150 calories That's about 20 almonds

9.99 at Sam's for large economy size.

Carry in snack bags to work and in purse.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers and onions. I always have at least 2 of each on hand. I put them in EVERYTHING :smile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Banana and nuts come in handy for a quick fix during the day. That, and isolated protein mix.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Fruits and Orowheat 100% whole wheat thin sandwiches...just reminded me I need to go to the store..I am almost out.:smile:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Banana and nuts come in handy for a quick fix during the day. That, and isolated protein mix.

This. Also grapes, prunes and any other hand fruits. Good sugar fix and very portable.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Trail mix, I portion out 1/4 cup in snack bags for a 175 cal go to whenever I am hungry
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Coffee, Sugar-free vanilla coffee creamer (Mama NEEDS her some coffee in the am!! :drinker: ), Arnolds multi-grain sandwich thins, Laughing Cow cheese wedges & strawberries (I make a little breakfast sandwich with that), Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt, fruits & veggies, light string cheese, raw almonds. I could go on, but those are some of my staples. I tend to be the girl who likes continuity, so I eat the same thing every morning for breakfast & am snack. My lunches at work tend to also be the same...Chick-fil-a 6 pc chicken nuggets with a side salad. Like I said, I crave continuity,so it may be boring, but it works for me!!

Hope this helps! Friend me if you need a buddy!! :happy:
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Almonds that I roast first. Mini Babybels , no-salt-added tuna, baby spinach and short grain brown rice.