Greetings from Registered Dietitian

Options
DietitianRyan
DietitianRyan Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Greetings Myfitnesspal community.

I've been on the MFP bandwagon dating back to ~2009 and absolutely love this platform to stay consistent with how I'm fueling my body and build awareness around my intake. You really learn so much by simply tracking intake for a period of time and looking at the macronutrient profile of your diet and typical foods.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community here and welcome all friends and followers. I'm also a Registered Dietitian, Retail Dietitian and nutrition coach. I'm an absolute foodie and love to to share my knowledge and support others on their wellness goals.

I just made the jump to the premium membership. Wow what a difference! Absolutely love the in depth tracking features and ability to create custom foods.

Replies

• tumbleweed7834
    tumbleweed7834 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been using this app for a month and started posting last week. Design flaw: how do I find the posts!?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,577 Member
    Options
    Not a dietician and don’t play one on TV, but I credit visits to an RD with kickstarting me to success.

Recommend everyone consider visiting one early on. I went in with reams of questions, and she dispensed great advice. The advice was priceless (including the advice to join MFP).

Mine was available through my gym at a discounted rate as a perk of membership. You may likewise have access through employer, nurse line, health insurance, community center, as well as your gym.
  • tumbleweed7834
    tumbleweed7834 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So Ryan, are you unable to find your post? I am not looking for free advice from you, you started this post I commented but have a difficult time scrolling to find it. I posted in other communities, now can’t find them either.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a fellow diet-itian. Meaning that I've done a lot of dieting. :p
  • Shellagh111
    Shellagh111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ryan....I am not a dietitian, but need and want to eat healthier. I just opened account on here today. I used this app several years ago and it worked, but then I stopped tracking. I maintained my goal weight for a few years, but it has slowly crept back on. I tried Noom for a month and it was OK, but I actually think this app works better...so, I am open to adding/accepting new friends for support and motivation. If you would like to add me, I would be honored: ) I have 31.6 pounds to lose and I would ideally like to lose it by mid August. That is roughly 2 pounds per week. I did it before so I know it can be accomplished. As for my lifestyle...Will celebrate 30 years of marriage in September....have grown children and am still working from home due to Covid. I like to walk and run....I throw in calethetics and stretching to stay limber and for strength training. Thank You!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,577 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be a negative Nancy. You know that 30 is relatively close to goal, and the closer you are, the harder and slower loss becomes.

You’ve been here before, so you know that 2/week is going to be brutal.

Be kind to yourself. Slow it down, accept and enjoy the process, and set yourself up for maintenance again.

Hats off to you for keeping it off for several years the first time. That’s the black dog barking at my heels.