Help with a plateau!!!!

Options
Hey all!!

Recently started taking my health and fitness super serious again... Quit drinking... Quit smoking....

Starting lifting again - I had a rotator cuff injury so had to sit out a few months.....

First 2 months - lost a bunch of weight, gained some muscle.

Now - nothing!!!!! If anything I feel like I've gained weight back in areas I don't want it..... I have some "puffy spots" that weren't there a month ago.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    In two months time you lost a bunch of weight. How much is that? How tall are you? What is your goal? There maybe nothing wrong because weight loss is not a straight line but a very bumpy downward line.
  • Jesse_Sue
    Jesse_Sue Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. I started out at 157lbs and am now 147ish. I'd like to get to 140lbs. What is frustrating me is I had gotten super happy with my results but then suddenly developed some "puffiness" around my hips that I can't seem to get to go away now. The kind of puffy that makes your belt feel weird......
    Not sure why - or where it came from. I drink plenty of water.... I'm not huge with the salt...... just frustrated at this point....
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is weird, it is like peeling an onion. You have to keep at it because those last few pounds take time and patience.

Since you are almost at your goal weight, do select the smallest weekly weight loss and be sure to eat back some of those earned calorie burns. You need to start thinking of your maintenance goal.
  • Jesse_Sue
    Options
    Thanks!! I'll give that a whirl!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. I started out at 157lbs and am now 147ish. I'd like to get to 140lbs. What is frustrating me is I had gotten super happy with my results but then suddenly developed some "puffiness" around my hips that I can't seem to get to go away now. The kind of puffy that makes your belt feel weird......
    Not sure why - or where it came from. I drink plenty of water.... I'm not huge with the salt...... just frustrated at this point....

This could be "squishy fat" which hopefully someone will come along and explain.

The last 7 pounds will likely be excruciatingly slow to lose. Are you using a trending app like Happy Scale or Libra? Just look at your *trend* as opposed to the number on the scale.
  • Jesse_Sue
    edited April 2021
    Options

This could be "squishy fat" which hopefully someone will come along and explain.
    The last 7 pounds will likely be excruciatingly slow to lose. Are you using a trending app like Happy Scale or Libra? Just look at your *trend* as opposed to the number on the scale.[/quote]

lol.. Squishy fat.... it's so annoying... and just in the one spot really...... GRRRRR!!!

I usually don't focus much on the scale.... I am gaining muscle as well so the scale isn't my go to.... I usually rely on how my clothes are fitting/pics to determine my progress..... But once my belt started feeling weird on the same hole it's been on for months I started to get irritated.