Stuck at weight

Options
Just started back at it again. I gained 9lbs in 5days. Never changed my diet and now I’m stuck at a certain weight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It isn't really likely you ACTUALLY gained 9lbs in 5 days... a good chunk of that is probably water weight...and your ACTUAL weight will fluctuate a up to 5 lbs in any given month...

That being said:
    You may not have changed your diet - but you must have either eaten more than you usually would - or are doing less activity - or ate really salty food causing extreme water retention...
    Best bet is to log your food... by weight (not cups or spoons) and see where you are at based on your numbers input from now.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    It isn't really likely you ACTUALLY gained 9lbs in 5 days... a good chunk of that is probably water weight...and your ACTUAL weight will fluctuate a up to 5 lbs in any given month...

That being said:
    You may not have changed your diet - but you must have either eaten more than you usually would - or are doing less activity - or ate really salty food causing extreme water retention...
    Best bet is to log your food... by weight (not cups or spoons) and see where you are at based on your numbers input from now.

Or the opposite: you started exercising, causing water retention to repair your muscles?
  • XxxBigBroXxx
    XxxBigBroXxx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Could it possibly be because I started back in the gym?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I said, lol. Yes, working out can lead to an increase on the scale - increased water retention for muscle repair.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,359 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, let's get moving!