Hello Everyone

Options
miss1ovakine
miss1ovakine Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone

I’m Florence, 57 years old, seriously looking to improve my overall health. I seem to lack motivation and consistency and I sure could use some help. Any advice, ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly and I look forward to meeting you. :)

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to start. My own advice is giving yourself little goals. Like logging every day for a week. Or Eating at a deficit for two weeks. I've been on here (this time() for 107 days and have steadily lost about a pound a week. I look forward to logging because it keeps me motivated and accountable! Also it's fun to focus on "health" instead of weight loss so learning about what foods are really good for you keeps me interested!
  • miss1ovakine
    miss1ovakine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Tblackdogs, thank you. That is great advice. I will definitely try to be consistent with logging. A pound a week is awesome. Congratulations. My diet is most certainly where I struggle the most, so I look forward to learning about healthy eating. Thanks again. Have a wonderful day. :)
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think (this time around), I've learned not to restrict my calories too much, because I always end up binging so frequently it slows my progress. I'm currently losing about .2 lbs (don't laugh!) every week or two and am concentrating on making the way I eat now a permanent habit rather than dieting super low for fast results. I also found that cutting out between-meal snacks and eating meals that follow a predictable pattern keep my mind off of "what can I eat next?" type thoughts. Without snacks, I can eat more at meals, too. I've been on here a long time, but I really feel like I'm the most stable I've ever been now, eating this way. I love reading articles about nutrition and geeking out over the health benefits of one food or another---Keeps me motivated.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi, Florence, and welcome!

I've lost a lot of weight, but I still struggle with consistency and self-discipline. I'm so afraid I'll regain if I don't get my "emotions" under control. I really like a lot of what @Zinka61 posted and plan to try some of her strategies.

Good luck on your journey! :)

P.S. Feel free to send me a friend request.