Meal Replacement Shakes

Iโ€™m gonna tell you, these shakes are sooooo good. I have had other ones in the past, but I have to say that the Atkins and the Premier Protein, especially the ones with the oats in it, are soooo good. This tastes just like those square caramel candies that you buy with a little hint of coffee. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Replies

• soldier4jesus2021
    soldier4jesus2021 Posts: 3 Member
    I usually use them for my lunch because I go walk on my lunch at work so I can try to get in some exercise during the day. When I get back to the office, thereโ€™s not much time to eat, so I just grab it and my water, and head back to my office. It also helps to save some calories for breakfast and for dinner. I donโ€™t do more than one a day, though.
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    I use 310 for protein. I'm following a keto/low carb diet and it helps get my protein up. If I choose to use it as a meal replacement then I'll add mix ins to it.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Hi : I love the premier protein ones and I have not tried the Atkins...but maybe I should? I like to make smoothies with them daily . I also put a half of one in my steel cut oats each morning. So daily I have 1.5. I need the extra protein since I do not eat meat. Sometimes I worry about too much protein if that could be harmful? I usually stay within my daily allowance or a little higher. Before using the protein drinks I was lacking in protein. I am 63 and want to hold on to the muscle I have.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    I see no reason not to include shakes and smoothies in your diet. Even better if you enjoy them! My wife sometimes makes them with non-dairy protein powder. I have noticed that the protein numbers are low compared with eating a piece of fish or chicken, but you get protein where you can.
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Iโ€™m gonna tell you, these shakes are sooooo good. I have had other ones in the past, but I have to say that the Atkins and the Premier Protein, especially the ones with the oats in it, are soooo good. This tastes just like those square caramel candies that you buy with a little hint of coffee. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

The Atkins coffee shakes in the brown packaging are really good. Sadly low carb/high protein items (shakes, snacks, bars, etc) really upset my stomach. I get severe pains and bloating. Iโ€™ve tried different brands, but they all caused issues- Atkins took longer to notice anything so I guess thatโ€™s good ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    My husband has been using Ensure brand protein drinks for breakfast in the mornings - he's never hungry first thing in the morning, but if he doesn't get some calories in him before work at 7 AM, he won't have another opportunity to eat anything until 12:30, maybe 1 PM, and that's not tenable for him. The liquid is easier for him to force down than solid food that early. I personally don't care for meal replacements, be they shake or bar; I need more volume than that. But I'm glad they work for others.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited April 2021
    I tried this and oh my gosh!!!

v3ftz4t8xb9s.jpeg

I also have used RAW Fit by Garden of Life. It's pricey but good.