Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Immediate weight gain after injury!!

Rdunnigan1968
Rdunnigan1968 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
This weekend I was helping my father get up from the bleachers at my son’s baseball game and he put all of his weight on me and we both fell down the wooden bleachers. My dad is completely fine but I got the wind knocked out of me and couldn’t breathe well for about 10 minutes. My ribs on the left side are KILLING ME!! They said they’re not broken but bruised and I will be in a lot of pain for at least two weeks. Anyway I gained 3 lbs in 3 days!!!!! WHY?? I have literally maintained the same macros I have for two years and then all the sudden I gained 3 pounds in three days?? Why??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    When you are injured or sick there is an inflammatory response to help you heal.

Inflammation is by definition a fluid and immune response which sends the body into fight mode. Inflammation causes water retention in order to mount this attack.

Stay off the scale if it is going to bother you. It's water, but it's going to stick around for a few days.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    Yes, water weight. What the others said. it's also possible that you've pooped a bit less. Normally, moving a lot is good for bowel movement. Not moving can mean everything is a bit slower and waste remains in your intestines longer. And this of course also has weight.
  • Rdunnigan1968
    Wow, thank you all so much for insight!! I am truly relieved as I had no idea our bodies retained fluid when injured. I’ve hurt myself before without this happening but this was an emergency room kind of fall, not a skinned knee. I sincerely appreciate alright of you providing me with this information, very much appreciated!!
  • Rdunnigan1968
    Meant to say “all of you providing me”. Didn’t proofread, lol 😂