Epic fail

Options
Wasn’t even hungry. Woke up in the middle of the night, 01:45, and ate a package of 6 donuts. Ugh. WTF is wrong with me. Lol. I joined this app so I’d have accountability. So let the shaming begin.

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    We all slip up mate 😒
    analyse it, learn from it and move on. Don't dwell on yesterday, it serves no purpose nor does holding onto feelings of guilt and shame.

It will never be all smooth sailing, slipping up, a wrong choice here and there are inevitable. I find its about how you proceed afterwards that makes the difference. Good luck 🙂
  • angnewcomb
    angnewcomb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We ALL have our weak moments! It's just not letting it take over you and try harder the next day! Keep moving forward and dont look back
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've done it!!! Yep I get it!! Gotta just move ya butt and burn em off!! You got this
  • southkonahi
    southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is one of the reasons I don't keep those " I can't resist" type of foods in my house. For sure I don't even try to keep any pastries, potato chips, or chocolate candy. I know what can defeat me in a moment of weakness, so my best defense to to keep them out of reach.

Maybe that approach will help you. If you'd eaten, instead, some crispy lettuce with slices of left-over cold broiled chicken, lightly drizzled with a low-calorie dressing, I bet you'd have been just as satisfied.... and way less bummed the next day! Good luck.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    No shame. Great advice from other posters already that I will second, and will add that my strategy is to put a sticky note in the pantry where the treats are that says "Remember Your Goals." It makes me stop and reflect on if I really want the thing I'm about to grab. Sometimes I do, sometimes I walk away or get something similar but healthier (aka provides a macro for me).