NewBie Canuck

Options
Well hello out there....

Not my first rodeo here but its been a long, long, long time, so here I am to starting fresh. Originally my goal was to garner control over my weight (aka lose and understand food in its entirety), then concentrate on lifting to build muscle (not like Arnold) and generally be healthy..

This was inspired from being laid off from a company I trusted, gave my blood to them for 14 years, and fell off the deep end with over eating to the weight of 250..

Forward 4 years and I have lost 72 lbs, Gone from a large-extra large to medium in everything, and now can bike-run with my kids and not feel like I am having a heart attack..

But now I want to shift focus, since according most healthy body weight website 174lbs is a good place to be - though my waist line is still at a 37 and never going down (may be skin??), from losing weight to building muscle & blasting though PRs (BW goal) on squat, bench, deadlifts.

So, wow a lot of text, I am looking for friends of inspiration - discussion - and good old getting to know each other to connect with and have fun, be it men or women...

:-)

Replies

• zheother
    zheother Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Your plan is pretty much what my goal is as well. I was at around 277 pounds and I'd like to get down to 200 pounds, I'm at 227 pounds atm so not much left.

Where I differ is that I don't wanna touch the weights, plan is to get down at 200 pounds and do recomposition through bodyweight exercises, to that end I'll start swimming again next month 3 times a week to replace my daily walks for a bit of muscle development :smile:

Good luck from Europe hah
  • ExerciseExtraFries
    ExerciseExtraFries Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Im Christina, also a newbie Canuck. I am here for some major weight loss (100lb) and an overhaul on my general outlook on food and fitness. Unfortunately everything is closed here, even pools so I'm looking at home workouts or the good old fashioned jogging. I am hoping pools will open this summer and I can start lane swimming but for now I am trying some classes on Fiton.
  • zheother
    zheother Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Im Christina, also a newbie Canuck. I am here for some major weight loss (100lb) and an overhaul on my general outlook on food and fitness. Unfortunately everything is closed here, even pools so I'm looking at home workouts or the good old fashioned jogging. I am hoping pools will open this summer and I can start lane swimming but for now I am trying some classes on Fiton.

Depending on your weight, walking might be the safer course for your joints, but at the end of the day you need to keep on calories in and calories out to lose weight, walking helps to get you a few extra calories to consume but mostly its just a good thing to do, I usually go for 1.5 hour walks with headphones and some audiobooks :smile:
  • FPlanner2021
    FPlanner2021 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    zheother wrote: »
    Your plan is pretty much what my goal is as well. I was at around 277 pounds and I'd like to get down to 200 pounds, I'm at 227 pounds atm so not much left.

Where I differ is that I don't wanna touch the weights, plan is to get down at 200 pounds and do recomposition through bodyweight exercises, to that end I'll start swimming again next month 3 times a week to replace my daily walks for a bit of muscle development :smile:

Good luck from Europe hah

Thank you my friend and good luck as well. I love swimming but being 1000kms from the ocean and lock down makes it hard. haha
  • FPlanner2021
    FPlanner2021 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Well hello there fellow Canuck... Where in this big white land of maple syrup do you live? I'm SW Ontario.. So yes, Ford has us locked down, again.