Once more - with feeling!

Options
moonbeams896
moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Jenni. I was very active and diligent about 6 years ago and lost about 25 pounds. Then, my husband got suddenly ill, was in the hospital for about a week, and everything went out the window! The next few months were spent trying to get him back to healthy and I left myfitnesspal behind, along with all I had learned. I put on the 25 pounds plus another 10 for good measure!

I've known that my weight is out of control. I'm currently 245 and 5'. I've always been a big girl, but this is ridiculous. My husband has gotten diagnosed with many things, including diabetes. He takes a medication that makes him nauseous much of the day and therefore doesn't eat. He's lost a lot of weight! I know it's not in a good way and I encourage him to try to get in a routine, but I know I don't really want to eat when I'm nauseated, either. In any case, he has broken the 200 mark, something he hasn't done since before college.

I have been inspired and I know the only real way I've ever successfully lost weight was by logging logging logging. So, here I am. Would love to have some friends and share our struggles and successes as we go! No time like the present to get serious!

I also did my first workout this morning in over a year. Good gosh it was hard! I know it just takes time to build the stamina up, so I'll do my best to take it all slowly. I got this :)

Replies

• janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can do it...time to take care of yourself as well..!
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart! Taking care of others can be exhausting even though we do it with much love. It's so easy to worry about others and then forget to take care of yourself. I wish you and your husband the best of luck.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's so true! And he's a VERY PICKY EATER! I've now learned how to cook two meals - one for him and one for me. That will vastly improve how I do things :)