Need Motivation

I am at my highest weight ive ever been in my life and it is really hard for me to even start this journey. I want to try Keto, anyone that has been doing it, how hard is it?

Replies

• wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Don't wait for motivation and don't start with an entire hard thing.

Start with one, small, *easy* change. Just one. That you can do without feeling like it's a big deal. Use less sugar in your coffee (Or some other small thing that removes a few calories). Do a 10 minute walk. Make a point of choosing to add one green vegetable instead of a potato side. ONE SMALL THING.

When that's habit, add one more.

Track the calories you are eating WITHOUT trying to restrict them, maybe. Once that habit's there, set MFP to maintain and don't go over those. Then once you're used to a ceiling start cutting them a LITTLE. See if you can come in under maintenance by any number (but never less than 1200).

Build a foundation and when that is solid start adding to it.

If weight loss is hard, maintaining the loss will be harder.

Stop trying to make huge changes..
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    A great motivation is to add years to your life!...I count calories and I have lost 105 pounds in less than 2 years....Keto is way too restrictive and complicated for me...I like to eat a variety of foods!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Motivation has to come from you. Find your WHY. For me it is my health. I agree with making small changes, gradually making more and more- if you change things all at once you are not likely to sustain the changes. For me feeling better and looking better is becoming motivational. I am choosing to lose weight slowly. Though I exercise reguarly I don't think of it as helping me lose weight but as helping me be healthier.Good luck, make the first change and go from there.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    ramirezs3 wrote: »
    I am at my highest weight ive ever been in my life and it is really hard for me to even start this journey. I want to try Keto, anyone that has been doing it, how hard is it?

"Everything is within" ~Miyamoto Musashi

You don't need motivation...
    You already have all of that...

What you need is momentum...
    And there is only one way to get it 🙌🏼
  • zheother
    zheother Posts: 28 Member
    ramirezs3 wrote: »

You don't have to do something as drastic as cutting out whole food groups (Keto, LCHF, Paleo etc.) I tried Keto but it wasn't for me, I lost weight short-term then relapsed into my old habits.

You probably gained the weight in years, so don't expect to change your life in a matter of days, one step at a time.

Start off small, track your calories through the week and go as simple as getting rid of as much liquid calories as you can (soda, alcohol) and go for zero sugar alternatives.

I recommend researching (CiCo) and go from there, you can still enjoy your foods but in moderation, over restricting will only result in over indulging.