The New ME Diet....What do you think?

Options
HI...anyone ever read and followed the New ME diet? A friend said it was a good read but I wanted to make sure before I bought the book! Thanks!

Replies

• gperry227
    Options
    Nope... but I am going to look it up here in a moment!!
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it either till now...but it is a lifechaning diet..not some that are just tempory like the 17day diet...but just curious if anyone really likes it or think it's worth trying!?
  • gunther0013
    gunther0013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's a fad just like ALL diet books. It makes it sound like you can eat a lot of food and exercise less and lose weight. Sure, but read the book and it says you can eat all kinds of vegetables, some fruits and lean protein like chicken or turkey. It also makes you work out 30 minutes a day.

No I am here to tell you that if you stay under your calorie goal and exercise 20-30 every other day, you will lose weight. Save yourself the money on the book. I just recapped the whole thing for you.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's a fad just like ALL diet books. It makes it sound like you can eat a lot of food and exercise less and lose weight. Sure, but read the book and it says you can eat all kinds of vegetables, some fruits and lean protein like chicken or turkey. It also makes you work out 30 minutes a day.

No I am here to tell you that if you stay under your calorie goal and exercise 20-30 every other day, you will lose weight. Save yourself the money on the book. I just recapped the whole thing for you.
    [/quote]

Good to know! I'll take that as good advice until i hear otherwise!
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always find that reading weight loss books, fad or not, are motivating. Maybe just pick it up at the library.
  • savagegirl
    savagegirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Its not a diet as such, rather a way of learning a healthier lifestyle incorporating evidence based research that optimises our hormones to support fat-burning. It also treats everyone as an individual with a unique metabolism. Calories in calories out may lose weight but not necessarily fat and not all calories are equal.