I am at the point where I really sad and FAT!

Options
I originally signed up to in this account in January of this year, but never find myself using it. I was 175 lbs. and now I am 185. I have been walking about 4.5 miles for the pass month, five days a week, but after a month I haven't lost a pound. In fact I actually gain two more. I guess what makes me sad that it really discourages me not seeing some good results. I actually makes me want to starve myself. I am not doing something right and its obvious. I am determine to fine myself losing at least 2-5 lbs by the end of the month.

So suggestions are welcome...and wish me luck. :-)

Replies

• vivi226
    Options
    The gain that you've noticed could be muscle, it's not necessarily fat!
    Muscle weighs more than fat, so don't lose hope.

You should start using MFP more often and keep track of everything, it really helps lol.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its great that you are here.
    Do whatever exercises you can, whenever you can.
    Good Luck.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    losing weight is 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% moving. Logging religiously, drinking lots of water and committing to the healthy lifestyle, it works!!!

GG
  • reddog101
    Options
    Once I really started logging in EVERY thing I put in my mouth, I found that I had been miscalculating the calories of a lot of food. Logging it in has really made a difference to me. I don't even consider it a chore anymore since I am seeing results this time.
    Good Luck!
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    don't be sad and fat. I know how discouraging it can be. Just start dedicating yourself to logging on every day and recording everything. I still feel like I am eating a lot everyday and I'm never hungry. This site makes it so much easier. Your walking is great ! Keep it up. I know you can do it.
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Could be muscle. Are you drinking alot of water? If not start. It's is so important to drink lots when losing weight. It helps with your metabolism and helps eat that fat up. Are you logging in what you eat? That helps me more then anything. I don't want to dissappoint the ones watching me on here. I've started eating lean cruisines or Healthy Choice for lunch just because it's easy to count those calories. Talipia or Turkey burgers are good and fast too and calories aren't bad. Keep your head up! You can do it!
  • lakermrb
    lakermrb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem. Exercise alone and diet alone do not work well. You have to do both. Our bodies are made for physical work/exercise. And, jumping in and making too many changes too quickly also does not work. What works best is to make a gradual change to a better life style.

Change one thing at a time. I began with water. My goal is to get at least 6 glasses a day. A standard glass will hold 12 ounces, so 4 of those a day will get me 6 glasses of water. Then I began measuring my food, so I could learn portion control. I found that when I ate single servings of multiple foods I was never hungry and felt better about myself. Once a week, I allow myself to eat whatever I want.

So far this is working for me, and I am losing weight. Next, I am beginning to exercise at home on "the ball." I even sit on it at my computer. It works the core muscles just sitting on it. My legs and back feel much better now, as I have had back problems for years.

These are some of the simple changes I have added to my lifestyle. I am taking it one step at a time. When I fall back into old habits, I stop myself and start in again. It is working for me. You will have to find the best path for yourself. I would just recommend starting slowly and making small changes, one at a time.

I have been overweight for 20 years, so I figure I should expect the weight to come off slowly not overnight. Again, I view it as a lifestyle change for the better.

Lastly, I would share with you that the commercial food you buy also works to make you fat. The chemicals they add create a desire in the mind to eat and eat without feeling satisfied. I now buy all my food at Trader Joe's, a natural food market here in the Twin Cities. I now feel better and have noticed my mind is also sharper, clearer.

I hope this helps you. We all need to support one another in this journey to a healthy way of living. Best of Luck!
  • dannylives
    Options
    You should learn all you can about exercise.
  • Run41
    Run41 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No matter how much I'd like to ignore the "logging" in part. I also cannot loose weight without the dedication of counting those darn calories. Somehow the scale keeps moving up if I am not faithful in doing so - despite a good excercise routine. So....learn from my mistakes and just do it. Accept it as part of your life and it somehow becomes easier. And the weight does come off.

True on the part of building muscle though. Muscle does weigh more than fat. Make sure to measure yourself also...loosing inches can be just as exciting as weight loss.

Whatever you do- DON't give up. The excercise you are doing is helping your body in so many ways.
  • heidithompson78
    Options
    I went to dietary today and they told me something I never would have guessed. If your sodium is above 2k a day you will not loose any weight. Can you imagine, you can work out and eat less yet not loose a pound. You may want to try tracking it on here, there is a field that you can put in your profile to track it for you.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I went to dietary today and they told me something I never would have guessed. If your sodium is above 2k a day you will not loose any weight. Can you imagine, you can work out and eat less yet not loose a pound. You may want to try tracking it on here, there is a field that you can put in your profile to track it for you.

Wow, I did not no that.

Keep tracking and exercising, when I started I gained 2 lbs, but I think it was because I was not tracking my food as well as I should have been.
  • Silchi24
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions and your encouragement its refreashing. I plan to be on this religiously even if i find myself asking for your help. I just wish i would of started sooner. :drinker: cheers
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did not know that about the sodium either!!!! Will Definitely have to try that. I seem to go over on that ALL the time!!! Will have to be more self conscious of that! thanks for the tip!
  • AParker1974
    AParker1974 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Wow, I did not no that.

Keep tracking and exercising, when I started I gained 2 lbs, but I think it was because I was not tracking my food as well as I should have been.

YES once I started watching my sodium I started losing the weight. Also, you need to be using a measuring tape and measuring yourself. If you don't see results on the scale you may be losing it in inches. The past week I haven't lost a pound but I have lost several inches so I know my hard work is paying off.
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Are you getting your heart rate up for 30 minutes during your walk? Calories in, calories out. You should be running a deficit to lose. I dunno what your food plan is like, but fruits, veggies, protein, low and startches, and cooking with raw ingredients. These are all things you can do to help jump start your metabolism.

Someone also suggested learning all you can about exercise. Why not start a couch to 5K program to get you moving? Someone else also said that muscle weighs more than fat....which isn't true. 1 pound is a pound, 1 pound of muscle is smaller in size than 1 pound of fat. Take measurements, maybe you're losing inches and not weight. Good luck!
  • kindrawarner
    Options
    Hi Darlin'!
    I sooo feel your pain! I started Jorge Cruise's 3 hour diet and I have finally begun to see weight go away! His plan is simple= eat every 3 hours. There is a ton of science behind this as it turns the body into a fat burning machine! You must eat within 1 hour of waking and you must drink at least 8 glasses of water. I have found Crystal Light Pure to help me get my water in. It's made with Stevia so there's no artificial sweeteners. There are calorie restrictions-
    Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner= 400 cal each
    2 snacks=100 calories
    Bedtime snack=50 calories

Anyways, I started a blog and have been logging my journey on this. Please feel free to visit it at www.kindrawarner.blogspot.com
    and read all about the 3 hour diet and join me on day 1. You can do it! This time WILL BE DIFFERENT! Message me anytime!!!!
    Love,
    Kindra

PS- This is not going to be miraculous 40 pounds in 40 days (which is unhealthy and often gained right back) but this will be permanent and steady. At 2 healthy pounds per week of weight loss, you will be down ~30 pounds by Christmas. AWESOME!!!!! Are you ready for your new hot body?!?
  • Silchi24
    Options
    Wow Kindra, I will check out your blogs. In fact pretty interested in hearing more about your 3 hour diet. :-)