Belly Dance

Options
Who does it, anyone have any good DVDs or classes that they do?

Replies

• bikenut
    bikenut Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try Netflix, they have a lot.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i found this on youtube while trying to figure out what kind of cardio i wanted to do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ziggyrafiq#p/u/24/XOMtF6irGNg

i didnt buy this dvd but i did buy another one with these girls. it's very relaxing and they have tons of different work outs at different levels.
  • Relicgoddess
    Options
    that looks fantastic!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I used to do it a lot, and I totally recommend doing classes over DVD's (they are just way more fun, I think its the atmosphere). But I moved, and for the last 6 yrs haven't had anywhere near by to take classes. So these are some DVD's I own that I like.

Tribal Fusion Belly Dance - Rachel Brice
    The Heartbeat of Belly Dance - Jenna & Raquy (they have others that I heard are good but haven't bought)
    Dancers Arms with Aruna (really works out your arms...to me more of a "work out" than just fun dancing).
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yay more belly dancers! I have Rachel Brice's Serpentine Yoga and Tribal Fusion Arms and Posture for the flexibility that I need to build on. I was bought the Belly Twins belly dance work out dvd by my m-i-l, and whilst it's a good laugh, I'm getting bored of it. Dance classes start back this week, but lack of money means I can only go to one so I'm going to choose cabaret over ATS this time. I'll pick up the ATS in the new year.

So, does anyone perform? Is there a belly dancers support group or anything like that?
  • Relicgoddess
    Options
    I used to teach house wives as a summer job and by that i mean, they taught me 12 steps and I had to extend them out over a 6 week program! However, we only met twice a week so it wasn't too bad xD