Over doing it?

Options
So when I put in all of my information for my goal, it put me at I believe 750 calories to burn during the week as I put working out 30 mins 5 times a week. Well I have went over the 750 calories burned already I am almost at 900. Is this okay? Just because I have already did the exercise I "should" of done, I don't want to just stop I want to keep working out. I am starting to see results and I can't be more thrilled!! I have not seen my scale at 135 EVER. I even went shopping and felt my clothes fitting nicer.

I just wanted to add that I know I am improving because my scale will usually put me at 137-140 depending on what day and time so now I am weighing myself at the same time in the morning.

Replies

• paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    So when I put in all of my information for my goal, it put me at I believe 750 calories to burn during the week as I put working out 30 mins 5 times a week. Well I have went over the 750 calories burned already I am almost at 900. Is this okay? Just because I have already did the exercise I "should" of done, I don't want to just stop I want to keep working out. I am starting to see results and I can't be more thrilled!! I have not seen my scale at 135 EVER. I even went shopping and felt my clothes fitting nicer.

I just wanted to add that I know I am improving because my scale will usually put me at 137-140 depending on what day and time so now I am weighing myself at the same time in the morning.
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it as long as your net calories are where they should be.

On a typical week I burn around 3000 calories in exercise, I just eat extra to cover it.
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    as long as your getting all your fluids eating your exercises calories and are feeling good(not dizzy, dehydrated sick) id believe you will be ok, id ask around some more tho make sure you dont injure yourself
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    As long as you are giving your body a day to recover each week, exercising more should be fine. Just make sure to eat your exercise calories so your body has fuel for the exercise. If you're enjoying your workouts, go ahead and work out more! :)
  • mmalanick
    mmalanick Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations. That really isn't overdoing it whatsoever. Just as long as you are making sure that if you are doing any weight training to do it every other day and let your muscles rest. If you are doing cardio, that's great! I think that is probably the perfect amount to be working out.

Also, don't be discouraged if you don't lose that much weight while you are working out because your are also building muscle, which weighs more than fat. You usually will notice more in how your clothes fit than anything. Keep up the good work :smile:
  • paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    Thank you! Yes I am eating the extra calories I get from exercising. I let myself have a little treat for the extra work. I do more cardio and I have been giving myself a day of cardio and the next day just doing push ups and situps, I have had days spaced out where I do both. I am feeling amazing!! I have more energy I noticed and I am drinking only water and as much as I can get myself to drink.