Taking the Plunge!

Options
03CiaoBella
03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
edited April 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Greetings! My name is Inés and I am a 56 year old married gal from SoCal. I have a 20 year old daughter and a pooch named Ruthie. I am tired of being a chubby girl and want to lose weight. I need to be healthier and I want to feel better about myself. I heard about this app on YT and felt inspired to try it out. I wish you all the best on your weight lose journey! Wish me luck because I need it too. I’m taking it one day at a time. 😎

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Hi, Inés!

I started here at age 59 (almost 6 years ago now), and found it a big help with weight loss and health improvement. Are there particular things you think the MFP app or the Community might be able to help you achieve?

Wishing you success!
  • evelynaguilar9665
    evelynaguilar9665 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, Evelyn, I'm 18 years old and currently living in so/cal. Going to be moving away to college in a month and joining the cross country team, so I want to be in shape before I start some serious training. Hoping to make some friends along my journey as well as find new and healthy ways to go about life!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Hi, Inés. Welcome to MFP.

I started at 56, and have successfully lost using MFP.

Weigh your food accurately, log honestly, and you’ll do just fine!

There’s several threads here for people 50+. Here’s one:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-50ish-folks#latest

• 03CiaoBella
    Options
    Hi A Team! Heading out for a walk. Wishing you all a Marv Day!
  • 03CiaoBella
    Options
    Hi A Team, I’m a newbie and still learning how to use this format.

Evelyn- I think it’s great that you’re young and already thinking about your health and well being. Best of luck with college!

Springlering62- thanks for the thread info! I will look into it.

AnnPT77- I hope to get inspired and motivated. I hear this is a good app. Learning as I go.

• 03CiaoBella
    Options
    Still trying to figure my way around the app. Techy challenged lol. For now, the nutritional breakdown and caloric guidelines are super helpful. Am counting calories and being more mindful about what I eat.

I’m the main cook for my family and I need to learn how to balance my nutritional needs with that of my families.

Also... need to buy a drafted scale. 😝 haven’t weighed myself since January. But I can tell I’ve lost because my face looks slimmer, now if the rest of my body can catch up to my face, I’ll be in business ☺️

Good night, hope you all sleep like babes. Tomorrow is a brand new day. 👍🏽