What is a cheat day??????

13»

Replies

• CholeRoad
    CholeRoad Posts: 47 Member
    Here is another view that we were talking about above.

4dtwgg6z81by.png

Thanks.

I don't seem to have the Weekly Digest. Do you have premium?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited May 2021
    Cheat day for me is Sunday, I eat my regular calories + one fancy coffee at church, comes out to be maintenance calories for me. Basically, it means eating at maintenance 1 day a week, at a deficit all the others.

H...h...how is that even cheating?

It's one coffee one day a week and you're not even going over calories (whether logging it on here or in your head or else you wouldn't know that)...AT CHURCH! :)

Cheating to me is lying to myself about how much I'm eating by not logging everything when I know I should so I don't gain the weight back.[/quote]

Okay, we'll call it an "off diet" day.

Unfortunately, I tried to convince my body that calories consumed on holy ground should not contribute to weight gain, but alas, it was not moved by my argument.

Rolling ROFL's

Cheat Day mentality can end up as just another permission slip for a binge. I'm not married to my food so I don't need to cheat on it. Lgfrie's approach works for me.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    ^^^This. Truth. How much of your progress are you willing to give up.
  • tuckerrj wrote: »
    A cheat day is a great way to blow 6 days worth of sensible eating at a deficit. I wasted many weeks/months controlling myself Monday thru Saturday only to blow it on Sunday and wind up with a zero net loss for the week. Hey you asked. . .

Good way of looking it this I agree
  • CholeRoad wrote: »
    Here is another view that we were talking about above.

4dtwgg6z81by.png

Thanks.

I don't seem to have the Weekly Digest. Do you have premium?

ipm4t17cl2p9.png

No I do not have premium just try and look to see someone else pointed this out to me.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    I learned long ago that it is impossible to cheat on your diet..program...or whatever you want to call it. There may be days where I make exceptions and eat or drink foods that I don't normally consume. I may not tell anyone I did so but there is no cheating. My body will react to what I took in no matter what.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,500 Member
    How did "cheat day" start? Basically competitive bodybuilders (male and female) lived on strict diets and had "cheat days" to just break a cycle and be able to enjoy "taboo" food occasionally.
    IMO, one DOESN'T have to have "cheat days" if you count your calories correctly and have some decent discipline in eating habits.
    Hence I "cheat" everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mlbrowninsc0508
    mlbrowninsc0508 Posts: 1 Member
    My "cheat" day is generally Saturday. I take the day off from structured excersise and don't long calories. Will generally go out to eat and may have a donut and an ice cream. If I go over on calories (always do) so be it. Have lost 58 lbs in 10 months this way, so works for me. Helps keep me motivated.
  • Vjmikesell
    Vjmikesell Posts: 36 Member
    I’m 5’0”- one “cheat day” can reverse an entire week of progress. Cheat day is no longer in my vocabulary. Instead, I will have one cheat treat- every Saturday after bootcamp, I will have one special treat- a churro or a bubble tea- something I don’t eat all week. I’m literally 1.5 pounds away from my goal weight, a weight I did t think was possible to reach at my age. Letting go of the “cheat day” mentality was a huge help.
  • ninerbuff wrote: »
    How did "cheat day" start? Basically competitive bodybuilders (male and female) lived on strict diets and had "cheat days" to just break a cycle and be able to enjoy "taboo" food occasionally.
    IMO, one DOESN'T have to have "cheat days" if you count your calories correctly and have some decent discipline in eating habits.
    Hence I "cheat" everyday.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Very interesting thanks for the information.