Options
Hi everyone,

I am just starting today. I am a 31 yr old female with Type II diabetes and 130 pound weight loss goal. It seems like a lot to loose. I've tried lots of different diets in the past with little success. My sister is my biggest inspiration and a great motivator. She joined MFP a few months ago and has had great success. She is my hero. She counts her calories everyday and works out 5 times a week. Wish me luck.

Replies

• clifford89
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am just starting today. I am a 31 yr old female with Type II diabetes and 130 pound weight loss goal. It seems like a lot to loose. I've tried lots of different diets in the past with little success. My sister is my biggest inspiration and a great motivator. She joined MFP a few months ago and has had great success. She is my hero. She counts her calories everyday and works out 5 times a week. Wish me luck.
  • hawkeyechick
    hawkeyechick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    clifford89
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! Hey don't look at the big number as that can be overwhelming. Just set smaller goals and step by step you will reach your ultimate goal. I have about that much to lose also and am also a Type 2 Diabetic. I wish you much success in your journey.:smile:
  • gabesky
    gabesky Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey good to see you here! best thing about this site is that EVERYONE helps eachother! were all here to lose weight, so feel free to ask any questions! Your sister is doing a great job, i do exactly what she does. 1 hour 5 times a week, and count calories and have lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks.

You can do it! And you will do it, just find something to motivate yourself and come here if you need a kick in the butt to get back on schedule
  • KarenChambers
    Options
    clifford89
    Hi and welcome! I just joined today and also have over 100 lbs to lose, with type !! diabetes and also high blood pressure. You are not alone! We can all help each other out. My doctor told me that weight loss had the biggest benefit for a diabetic, even over what you ate. Keep coming back.
    Good luck and God bless!
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey don't look at the big number as that can be overwhelming. Just set smaller goals and step by step you will reach your ultimate goal.

+1 on that! :smile:

I've set 70lbs as my ultimate goal...but my daily goal is to stick to my suggested calorie intake so that I can keep dropping the 2 pounds per week I'd like to lose.

One other hint I can give you: whatever you do, do NOT weigh yourself every day! It amazes me the number of people I hear of that do this. They get frustrated because they're not seeing the pounds come off and end up giving up. Weigh yourself once per week and don't give into the temptation to step on the scale any day other than your designated weigh-in day!

Remember: you didn't GAIN all the weight at once, so you're not going to LOSE it all at once either :wink:

Good luck and congratulations on starting the journey towards a happier & healthier you!

JW
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Clifford89,
    You can do it! Loosing weight is easy once you really learn how. Everybody says diet and exercise. They're 100% dead on!
    Good job for you in making a lifestyle change I started a few weeks ago, so I'm relatively new as well. I personally track Body Fat % over what the scales read, simply put, the old cliche, lean muscle weighs more than fat holds true. BUT once you start loosing body fat, the "weight" seems to be less and less of an issue or a motivating force. You may want to target body fat % over what the scales say. Just a suggestion.
    Try to find a workout/fitness program you REALLY want to do, and set your goals and go for it! You've made the decision to change. Now, make the commitment to eating clean, healthy and right. Also commit to some type of fitness/workout/exercise program. You will succeed in your journey.
    Rome wasn't built in a day. And a Journey of 1000 miles begins with a few small steps. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Try not to get discouraged. Set realistic goals for yourself, set some short term ones, set some long term ones. That's what I did, and still do. Every day I set a goal to push play on my DVD player and to give everything I have until my body says ENOUGH. I set a goal every morning that I'm going to eat right, healthy and clean that day. Some days it's difficult, some days it's easy. Some days I don't want to give 110% working out. But, I have to remind myself that I made this commitment to me, for my own health.
    Clifford89, I'm 33 I am about 60ish lbs overweight @ 33% body fat. I dropped 7 lbs in one week, 2% bodyfat, and 2" from my waist in 7 days! I know you can reach your goals! only you will stand in your own way! Decide, Commit, Succeed! (yes it's from P90X yes I'm doing P90X and YES it works!)

edit- My personal long term goal is to reach @10-15% Body Fat, and maintain that.

One of the guys that is on the P90X boards posted this the other day and I'd like to share it with you. I hope you get as much from it as I did/do.

Commitment:
    Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality. It is the words that speak boldly of your intentions. And the actions which speak louder than the words.

It is making the time when there is none. Coming through time after time, year after year.

Commitment is the stuff character is made of: the power to change the face of things.
    It is the daily triumph of integrity over skepticism.

-Author Unknown

Your goals are your own. Attitude, sacrifice, determination, motivation, and just plain old elbow grease makes it all happen!

"The" Nerveracker - Dave

The Reason Most People Fail Instead of Succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT!!!

Motivation- It is not strength but desire that moves us, Dream, Dare, Do!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: