Weight

Options
omfederico
omfederico Posts: 4 Member
It’s been about a week and I’ve yet to lose even a single pound. I haven’t gone over my calorie intake and I am exercising. I’m not gaining or losing weight. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Wen2lose
    Wen2lose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I am also over 50 days in and have lost 4.2 lbs! They have me on a 1600 calorie regimen. I swim three times a week for 30 minutes each time..and walk anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 and 1/2. Hour too. Don't worry so much about the weight but how you feel!! I can tie my shoes now without holding my breath, the bending over really was hard. Now my belly fat has come down to where it's easy to reach my shoes. The fat in my wrists has come down too. What is happening is is your fat is turning to muscle. Five pounds of fat is twice as large as five pounds of muscle. So as you go on this journey it will take some time! My goal is to lose 50 lbs! I have a long way to go! I am 5 foot 8 and weighed in st 197!! Never weighed that much before. But the good thing is I've lost 4.2 lbs!! So keep positive. Don't give up! As time goes on, if you feel better overall it's worth it! I'm changing my calorie intake down to around 1300. And see how it works! Make sure you get close to your macro goals!! Good luck write back any time!! Wendy
  • omfederico
    Options
    My calorie intake is 1,200, but the only thing that happens is me being hungry after working out, and stressing about why I’m only maintaining my weight.
  • omfederico
    Options
    So, what you’re saying is that in the first eighteen days, I won’t see changes? Also, the graph where it said “Start Insanity” on Sep. 2 had me cracking up. 🤣
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    omfederico wrote: »
    It’s been about a week and I’ve yet to lose even a single pound. I haven’t gone over my calorie intake and I am exercising. I’m not gaining or losing weight. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing...it's been a week. A week is basically nothing...certainly not enough time to perform any kind of meaningful analysis. Weight loss is a slow process.