coconut macaroons - Biggest loser recipe

Options
Morglem
Morglem Posts: 377 Member
I got this on my e-mail and thought I would share. I'm so trying those! I love coconut macaroons :)

Recipe Revamp: Coconut Macaroons
Save 70 calories per macaroon over traditional recipes!

If you're a fan of coconut, you're bound to love these macaroons!

Butter-flavored cooking spray
2 large egg whites
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons light agave nectar
2/3 cup finely shredded reduced-fat unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly mist it with cooking spray.

Whisk together the egg whites, coconut sugar, and agave nectar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in the coconut until well combined. Spoon the batter in mounds (about 1 level tablespoon per macaroon) onto the prepared pan, spaced so they do not touch, to make 10 macaroons.

Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until the macaroons are lightly golden brown. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let macaroons cool about 5 minutes. Transfer them to the rack and allow to cool completely. Serve immediately or store in a resealable plastic container for up to 5 days.

Makes 10 macaroons

Per serving (2 macaroons): 86 calories, 2 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates (10 g sugar), 3 g fat (3 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 33 mg sodium

Replies

• kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    MMMMM
  • Cara34
    Cara34 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    wow, those sound excellent! i'll definitely have to try those!
  • reddebsings
    Options
    I love coconut macaroons - I don't often have them though - this recipe sounds yummy, so maybe I'll try them out! Thanks!
  • judycoros
    Options
    I weighed 225 on thursday and my body fat was 43%. Yours seems extremely high to me ...I never heard of that sugar where do you get it. Thank you and keep up the good work..
    :flowerforyou:
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weighed 225 on thursday and my body fat was 43%. Yours seems extremely high to me ...I never heard of that sugar where do you get it. Thank you and keep up the good work..
    :flowerforyou:

My body fat is now 33% according to that formula :) How do you measure yours. I don't think mine is accurate I just want to have a starting point to see how it would change. I'm sorry I have no idea where to get the sugar.
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • tikkamasala
    tikkamasala Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    these sound great! thanks for posting!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Those sound good, thanks for the recipe!
  • judycoros
    Options
    They measured my fat with two hook up points on my foot and two on my hand. The gym has us hold onto this machine to measure it. They say my idea weight is 163 to 170 based on the weight of my bones and all.
    I found the coconut sugar at the health food store today and the glycemic index is low which is great for me. thank you
  • unique2myself
    unique2myself Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Where do you get coconut sugar?