Eating Late.

Options
Because I work in the restaurant industry, I sleep until noon every day but am usually up until 2am (I work nights).. Should I still follow the rule of "No eating after 7 pm? Because I get hungry around 9 or 10pm.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    No, don't worry about arbitrary rules for eating at certain times, that's just a myth.
    Find a schedule that works for your lifestyle.
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    Your body is continually working. It doesn't stop at midnight your timezone and start over.

If you work late, sleep late, work early, whatever... eat when you are hungry, there is no rule to what times a person should or needs to eat. Everybodies needs and schedules are different.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    you can eat whenever you want, as long as you keep a caloric deficit you will lose weight

brb going to go get some ice cream :)
  • uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No, just do your 24 hour period according to your schedule. As long as you are below or at your calorie goal for the day you are still bound to lose weight.
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    Thanks! Because I was trying to stuff my face at five o clock everyday before my shift to meet my calories, then after work i'd be so hungry cuz im on my feet all night. So now I know I can space it out some and eat dinner late.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I eat a big dinner (aiming for a third of my daily calories there), and the closer I eat to my bedtime the better I find it works for me (often 1 hour or less).

Yes, I have a lot of calories before sleeping which is apparently bad, but I hate losing sleep from waking up hungry. It happens sometimes.