Abs by Thanksgiving? Possible?

Options
Hey guys, I'm 5'9 155-157lbs. Don't have a lot of fat but I have maybe 12-15 % fat. My stomach (if I suck in a lot) has abs but if I don't then it just looks like a normal stomach. I wanted to know, that if by thanksgiving, if I go to the gym 5 time a week, and do HIIT for 30 minutes each workout (10 minutes lifting 20 minutes cardio) is it possible to get some definition in my abs?

I am not trying to bulk up to become macho man! I am trying to tone up a bit and lose very little body fat! Thanks

Replies

• RichGebs
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    if you are @ 12%bf you should be able to see your abs

the only thing you need to do is cut bodyfat by maintaining a caloric deficit, although it looks like you don't have a ton of lean mass on your frame, perhaps a clean bulk would be a better idea
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Ohh then I guess I'm more 15-18. Or my abs aren't that developed then. I just want to have a body more like yours or like a few more guys I've seen on mfp
  • RichGebs
    Options
    What did you do at the gym and how long per session?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What did you do at the gym and how long per session?

lift heavy in the core lifts, bench deads, squats, overhead press. i did very little direct aab work. getting your abs to show is all about losing fat
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Do you think HIIT will work?? 10-15 minutes of liftingn(or a certain amount of reps) and 15-20 minutes of cardio?
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options
    .anyone at all?
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options