Weird weights

Options
lala40217
lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
Maybe I’m just missing something..why are some of the measurements in weird cup sizes? I have no idea (google not much help) what 0.3 cups is... or 0.2 cups. Why are things not in tablespoons or 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup measures? I’m spending quite a bit of time trying to figure this stuff out. It’s becoming tedious every time I want to log a food and I must go to google to try to get normal measurements. I’d like to accurate as possible when logging.. anyone having the same issues?

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Most (bit not all) MFP entries have alternate measurement units available bevit ozs vs gms or cups vs tbsps.

Just click on the displayed unit of measurement to see if there are any alternates.

If so, just pick the unit of measurement that best suits your needs. If not, puck another entry that does.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    lala40217 wrote: »
    Maybe I’m just missing something..why are some of the measurements in weird cup sizes? I have no idea (google not much help) what 0.3 cups is... or 0.2 cups. Why are things not in tablespoons or 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup measures? I’m spending quite a bit of time trying to figure this stuff out. It’s becoming tedious every time I want to log a food and I must go to google to try to get normal measurements. I’d like to accurate as possible when logging.. anyone having the same issues?

Are you not in the US? Those are weird US things (and I say that as a USA-ian), that display oddly. Usually, if you click on it, the 0.2 cup things will turn out to be 0.25 cup, i.e., 1/4 cup, which is a US standard measuring cup size. It's just rounding (incorrectly, I might add) to display. Similarly, 0.3 cup usually turns out to be some fraction that's more or less equivalent to 1/3 cup (such as 0.33C or 0.34C), another standard measuring cup size, but just showing on the initial display as 0.3.

As noted above, sometimes when you click on the servings drop-down, there are other measures in the list, or there are other database entries for the same food that have different serving measurements.
  • lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well thank u both for responding. Yes I’m in the US and yes I KNEW I was missing something. The drop down menu on the serving size. So thanks again!!