Here I Am Again.

Options
ekudlicki
ekudlicki Posts: 2 Member
To say the last year has done a number on me is an understatement. I retired, hoping to travel and make art. Instead we were face with COVID-COVID-COVID in our faces 24/7. I was quite afraid until I did the math. For any of you out there still worried DO THE MATH. So once I was past that, I walked my dog daily, but ended up still gaining 10 lbs. So now I'm at 240. In comes the new year. Already concerned, I had to deal with the stress of handling my Mom's hospitalization and move into assisted living. Literally the day we finished moving in all her things to her new apartment, she died. What is worse is she died after going to the hospital 24 hrs after her first COVID shot and being ignored and returned to her home rather than hospitalized. I'm the executor so all the disposal of income, payment of bills, etc is on me. I'm just now digging out from under that pile of exhaustion. Oh, and on top of that we had to wait three weeks to bury my Mom, no real funeral service, just graveside literally as the icy front bringing the Snowpocalypse to Dallas began to come in. Two weeks later, I managed to break my ankle because some dumbass neighbor didn't turn off their sprinkler system and there was a sheet of ice under the snow as I walked my dog. I'm not writing this for sympathy nor am I making excuses. It's just that only now do I feel like I have the energy to make an effort. It's not for me, it's for my new granddaughter Myla. I want to be around to watch her grow and that won't happen unless I lose at least 70 lbs. So this time I have to make it work. No more playing around. Meanwhile, I'm still on PT for my ankle. I hope to be walking regularly SOON.

Replies

• jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think we must be related :)
  • ekudlicki
    ekudlicki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just came back myself. Feel free to add me so we can support each other. Go get em!