Help me use my Gazelle for more than a clothing rack!!

Options
Okay, so some back story, (not that it really matters),

Up until about a year and a half ago I led a very sedentary lifestyle, and ate very little. I had been in hibernation mode for years, but hardly noticed, since I needed very little energy to go about my daily life. A year and a half ago I had a major career change, and now I work on my feet all day and move about quite a bit. I get home from work and I am exhausted, and all I want to do is relax... I can barely get the motivation to clean house. It's sad. Well a little over week ago I started really watching what I ate, and tracking it here. I have a bit more energy, and am feeling healthier, however:

"Give eating better a week more and you'll have more energy to work out!"

I know myself... and I know that I will keep saying "a week more."

So basically, I need you guys to tell me what I already know: "Get off your butt and pull the gazelle out and use it!"

It's been 17 years since I have been this active even in the workplace, but I have been working here for a year and a half and I should be accustomed to it!

I have ALMOST convinced myself to pull it out right now... :D

Replies

• mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Go for it, get on it for one tv segment till the commercials come on, then in a couple days do two segments. If nothing else clean it off so it is staring you down ready for use :)
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I gave my Gazelle to Goodwill.

I like workout dvd's and walking outside better.

I hope you find what works for you!!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    We rearranged the entire house to get the gazelle somewhere I would use it. We moved the couch out of the living room and put the gazelle in its place.

With how our living room is set up, if I'm not at my desk, I'm on the gazelle or else I have to sit on the floor. It's helping to keep me motivated to get on it while I watch television.

When we have guests, we pile into the guest room since it's where the couch is. lol

Days I don't exercise it's staring at me. It's right there. I can't ignore it. And if I'm watching television, I have to be far away at my desk or sitting on the floor with the dogs looking at me like "um, you're in my spot."

You can do it.
  • miller1208
    Options
    Hmmm, I think we've all used the work out equipment as clothing racks at one point or two. My MIL used to have a pool table in her laundry room. Guess what happened? The only thing I can think of right now that may help motivate you is to look at the space where the workout equipment resides. Is it inviting or cluttered? Would sprucing it up with some accessories or motivational music help? I suppose I think about it like a bubble bath. You look forward to it because you put the music on, light the candles, put some nice smelling salts or bubbles in...and you don't want to leave. Working out in a room cluttered with laundry, toys, boxes does not a fun time make. Ever see a yoga studio with that stuff in it? Less is definitely more. Hope that helps.
  • tbranch3634
    Options
    I pulled mine out on Sunday and I have used it both nights. I put it in front of the TV tonight and watched the first half of Monday night football on it.
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am gonna do it!

Star Trek and Gazelle, HERE I COME!

^_^ Thanks!
  • knighthood77
    Options
    Hope it works for you. I'm kinda disappointed in the gazelle. Then again, I guess it'll be helpful in the winter time.
  • PaulaButHag
    Options
    I like my gazelle. It doesn't really use up very many calories, but I use it more as a cool down or a stretch.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I know it's really hard to find motivation or even care when you work on your feet all day. I find that it's easiest to talk myself into working out when I get home if I do it as soon as I get home. If I sit down and have a meal first, all I want to do it relax for the rest of the night. If you do eat first, if you must sit down after eating set an alarm to go off 60min after you are done eating. When the alarm goes off, No Excuses, Get Off The Couch and Workout!!! Or you could set the alarm for 15-30min after you eat and go for a walk or get on the Gazelle. I have one of those too. Now I'm feeling guilty for not getting on mine.
  • tbranch3634
    Options
    I usually go for a run either in the morning or after I get off work at 4pm. But tonight we had a reading thing at school and it was dark when we left so I watched football from the gazelle. Better than nothing!!!
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Okay, I did it! :) 30 minutes on the gazelle, and I feel accomplished for getting up off my butt... :D

Now to do it again tomorrow. any start is a good start, one must learn to walk before they fly ^_^

btw... how do you guys enter your gazelle workout? I am not sure how. :)