Walking and pushing stroller

Options
Does anyone know how many calories would be burnt (or thereabouts) for walking at a moderate pace for an hour whilst pushing a 1yr old in a stroller (around a park that has inclines). Tks :)

Replies

• mum_of_three
    Options
    Sorry I dont know but would also like to know the answer.
  • Randynorthridge
    Options
    Went to exercises under cardio and entered pushing stroller. It popped up. Enter 30 min and showed 154 calories burned. Don't know how accurate but better than nothing :smile:
  • Lotuschik
    Options
    Yes, have currently got that on my exercise log for 60, but am sure I'm burning more calories than what it says, as the park I walk around has alternating inclines as well (and 'pushing stroller' just sounds like it's more at a slow pace rather than 'moderate' or 'brisk'...or am I just wishful thinking :P). Thought there might be another option somewhere, but oh well...will just keep to what it is, at least it'll keep me in check, I suppose. Thanks anyway :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    you can get cheap heart rate monitor/ calories burnt computer watch thingies off ebay
  • Lotuschik
    Options
    hey thanks caramkoala! Will have a look on ebay for it :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    not all 1 year olds are the same size, and not all strollers weigh the same. Also moderate pace is subjective, and it would also depend on your height, weight and level of fitness.

if you want accuracy for that sort of thing you probably need a heart rate monitor